Author Topic: IP-057 Project has begun (Completed Pics on Page 4)  (Read 32820 times)

Carbon_Dude

Re: IP-057 Project has begun (Completed Pics on Page 4)
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2015, 11:44:18 AM »
Didn't realize his IP-057 had a carbon fork, so maybe an IP-057 with a rigid fork would be lighter yet.

When I build mine and weighed it, the scale read 19.5 lbs.  That was with XX1, Rockshox Dual Air Fork, DT Swiss XR1450 wheelset and Schwalbe Racing Ralph tires.  I've since switched a few things around and put on XMIplay carbon wheels which added 200g.  So I would think the bike is still right around 20 lbs.  Fine with me, it has been very reliable and fun to ride.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

325racer

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2015, 12:02:30 PM »
Yeah, original calculations should have had it at 18.5, but almost every part was overweight, especially the wheels and frame.   I know I could get a full pound out of the wheels, but Im 220, so a light wheel set would scare me....

I'm not complaining about the weight, as I know it could be lighter, but many of the uber light parts carry a rider weight limit that Ill never be under, so a 19.5lb bike for a 220lb rider is pretty damn good in my mind, especially when I still go ride with my "All-Mtn" friends on this bike.

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2015, 12:35:27 PM »
Yeah, original calculations should have had it at 18.5, but almost every part was overweight, especially the wheels and frame.   I know I could get a full pound out of the wheels, but Im 220, so a light wheel set would scare me....

I'm not complaining about the weight, as I know it could be lighter, but many of the uber light parts carry a rider weight limit that Ill never be under, so a 19.5lb bike for a 220lb rider is pretty damn good in my mind, especially when I still go ride with my "All-Mtn" friends on this bike.

Yes, that weight is very respectable.

So do you go riding with friends who have AM rigs and you have a rigid fork, or am I just confused?  I've been so bored lately since I can't ride.  My apologies to everyone if it seems like all I do is hang out on Chinertown.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

andyfloyd

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2015, 02:53:39 PM »

Yes, that weight is very respectable.

So do you go riding with friends who have AM rigs and you have a rigid fork, or am I just confused?  I've been so bored lately since I can't ride.  My apologies to everyone if it seems like all I do is hang out on Chinertown.

I say to hell with snow and I ride all year long... 

cmh

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2015, 06:26:40 PM »

Hell yes, 1000x yes. Your tires will never be cleaner than after a snow ride. Just remember to lube the chain!

If it's cold enough, go find a frozen lake, that can be a ton of fun as well.  Just yesterday: Riding on Lake Galena

(sorry CD ;) )

andyfloyd

« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2015, 12:33:46 PM »

Hell yes, 1000x yes. Your tires will never be cleaner than after a snow ride. Just remember to lube the chain!

If it's cold enough, go find a frozen lake, that can be a ton of fun as well.  Just yesterday: Riding on Lake Galena

(sorry CD ;) )

haha, thats effin awesome!! Youre so right about my tires....they are about as clean as when I first got them. Conti's sidewalls show a lot of scrapes get stained with mud...after my snow ride they look so clean....loving that. I love that video man, thats the way to go. Gotta keep that pace up because once you start slowing down it can be all bad...haha. I always keep chain lube with me in my bag, along with tubes, tools, etc. Any more people like to ride in snow?

Oh yea and sorry CD. lol