Author Topic: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)  (Read 39812 times)

PaxiH

Re: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)
« Reply #375 on: Today at 12:10:48 PM »
Definitely not clear coated....only buffed to the point where it's been rubbed through to the white base coat in areas .   You figure the amount of time that they could have saved buffing it out by clear coating it instead would have been more cost effective in the end

Do you think it's possible to apply the clear coat yourself with a spray can afterwards, so that it looks like a professional job?

I never done a paint job before. But if they don't use a clear coat, the base paint should be a 2K colour, right. So sanding before applying the clear coat is required as far as I understand.
« Last Edit: Today at 01:40:47 PM by PaxiH »

rasch

« Reply #376 on: Today at 01:46:16 PM »
Did you ask them already? @Jim can you confirm it there is a clearcoat or not?

dinorello

« Reply #377 on: Today at 02:02:22 PM »
Do you think it's possible to apply the clear coat yourself with a spray can afterwards, so that it looks like a professional job?

I never done a paint job before. But if they don't use a clear coat, the base paint should be a 2K colour, right. So sanding before applying the clear coat is required as far as I understand.

Frame needs to be prepped and masked properly...it's really a job better done by a pro if you havent any painting experience.  Best solution is to have the manufacturer paint the frames properly instead of pushing out sub-standard crap