Author Topic: Looking for a knowledgeable mod for road section.  (Read 6753 times)

Sitar_Ned

Looking for a knowledgeable mod for road section.
« on: August 19, 2014, 10:35:15 AM »
As I stated in another thread, I've had a few guys asking that a chiner road section be added to the forum... So here she be.

I was researching the topic I came across this thread on the road bike forum: http://forums.roadbikereview.com/bikes-frames-forks/chinese-carbon-picture-thread-255186.html

and the very first post read:

I as many of us have gone the way of Chinese carbon and therefore like to look at other bikes of the same. I like to see what others have done with this blank canvas with their paint and builds. The only problem is that there are hundreds of pages in the normal Chinese carbon thread and you have to sort through so much to see what your looking for.

So, I figured might as well add a home for road chiners here at Chinertown. At first it will just be contained in one section/board but as it grows it can be expanded out just like the MTB section is now.

That said, nor myself or the other mods know jack about road chiners, so the only way this part of the forum will have a chance at thriving is if it is moderated by someone with a passion for road bikes, specifically for chiner road bikes and the sharing of information related to the topic. With that in mind, it seemed logical to add a mod specifically for this section of the forum.. If you're interested and fit the description, or know someone that is then please hit me up with a PM and perhaps we can work something out.

I will say that even though I'm not a road biker.. some of these road chiners are pretty awesome to look at. You can tell people have put lots of thought into their component selection and paint/graphics designs. Would love to see the section gain momentum simply to be able to watch more chiner builds develop.

Thanks for reading.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 10:51:47 AM by Sitar_Ned »

Sussed.

Re: Looking for a knowledgeable mod for road section.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 12:11:52 PM »
Not sure about forum etiquette but is is worth putting the word out on the Chinese road bike thread ?  Would probably then bring a few new members over here.

Vipassana

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 03:14:13 PM »
I do a fair amount of road biking, but I am by no means an expert.  Especially not with Chinese frames.  I will be ordering a set of Chinese wheels for my road bike here soon (~1 month).

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 03:57:01 PM »
Not sure about forum etiquette but is is worth putting the word out on the Chinese road bike thread ?  Would probably then bring a few new members over here.

Well, it just depends on the forum.. MTBR, for example, is pretty lenient about promoting your own website/forum in your profile's signature section. RoadBikeReview.com? Well.. I dunno.. but I'm about to find out bc I just joined over there  ;D

I will be ordering a set of Chinese wheels for my road bike here soon (~1 month).

Well.. Hopefully we'll have some information on Chinertown by then that will help you choose the right wheels.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 03:58:50 PM by Sitar_Ned »

SamSkjord

• Professional skjord racer. Powered by carrots.
    • View Profile
    • Cash4bones.com
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 10:21:36 PM »
Well I'm definitely a roadie; lycra, shaved legs, spreadsheets for my watts/kg, the lot. I also am currently lacking the in chiner road department though.

The next TT, Track and eventually disc roadie will all be Chinese, as soon as I can justify the spending.

carbonazza

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 04:36:32 PM »
SamSkjord, now that I'm set with my 29er. Time to think about a disc roadie too.
I need to rebuild my bike finances though, so I'll wait for next spring or so.
My first question: Electronic or mechanical shifters ?-)

SamSkjord

• View Profile
    • Cash4bones.com
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 07:41:26 PM »
Personally I think Nintendo gears are the best thing since sliced toast! The price, less so :-\ and until someone starts paying me in something other than cake to ride bikes I can't justify Ultegra/dura-ace prices so Di2 105 needs to hurry on up.

Sram Red is iirc still the lightest groupset if that's your thing (I stopped being such a weight-weenie after about 30 seconds of playing with http://www.analyticcycling.com/ForcesLessWeight_Page.html)
Sram also have a wireless electronic groupo on the way but not till next year some time and I'm not expecting it to be cheap.

carbonazza

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 03:31:12 AM »
I've separated the post. We'll see where this go.

Why have you posted the link to the analytic sites ?-)
I clicked on the toolkit button, and discovered a treasure trove of information to parse.
My productivity this morning was again knocked off by bike related readings!

SamSkjord

• View Profile
    • Cash4bones.com
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 10:21:40 PM »
It was re:Sram being the lightest groupset, after it became apparent that a 2kg weight saving would only gain me a second on a 1km climb I stopped caring about bike weight so much, sure light bikes are fun but (for me) not worth the £1/g it costs to get there.