Author Topic: Himalo 29 Aluminum  (Read 3305 times)

strykr

Himalo 29 Aluminum
« on: October 01, 2019, 09:34:09 AM »
Hey guys I've been looking at buying a new frame and saw this Himalo 29er on Ali. I haven't seen any reviews about it or the company and was wondering if anyone knows anything about them and/or the bike frame? I know most guys are going to carbon but I like the ability to repair issues with Aluminum. The frame also is said on Ali to weigh 3.3kg with shock and I noticed several Carbon frames are not too much lighter than that and almost 3x the price.

Does everyone buy their bikes off AliExpress or is there somewhere else I should look at also? I'm coming from a Big Box bike and an ancient Maxam, so I haven't bought a frame before.

Link to frame: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33037737225.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.2.13226701IbwTzL
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 11:36:48 AM by strykr »

Current bike: CCM Alpha 29er - Rockshox Recon RL Air

Jan505

Re: Himalo 29 Aluminum
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 01:39:43 PM »
If your looking for aluminum find a taiwanese manufacturer or just buy used. China is not known for high quality aluminum. Also the carbon frames are excellent quality do don't be scared.

LightCarbon.com
Yinshun bikes... same company as lightcarbon they make high quality stuff might be the best in the game right now

Promance - the most bought xc full suspension m78007ii

Edge design international - uci approved frames paint ready to go only issue 120 days shipping

Carbona - linked to planetx and thesis

All these companies are excellent options for carbon if you want to get allout I recommend contacting Kenstone Taiwan they make the bikes for kona and might be able to give you a sample... FYI taiwanese companies can be hard to connect with.

If you need help getting a frame please send me a message with budget and type of bike your wanting.