Author Topic: MTB conversion to Disc Road bike  (Read 24091 times)

SportingGoods

Re: MTB conversion to Disc Road bike
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2019, 02:19:20 AM »
And here is the 3rd life of this FlyXii frame! First it was a hardtail MTB (that I raced), then a Road/Gravel (raced as a Gravel) and now a bike trainer. The frame repair is raw from epoxy/carbon wrapping (no sanding and polishing yet) but it looks good and solid. Note that I would still NEVER put this bike again on the road as there is probably some hidden damages in the handlebars, fork and frame. Very happy to get this frame dedicated now to home trainer. I plan on fixing some bars on the wall to hang it here, in my office.

First test ride today! I haven't been on a bike in about 80 days now  :-[

carbonazza

« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2019, 08:25:33 AM »
Nice repair, it looks great in picture !
I did the same kind of repair at the exact same place, and did ride the bike after that.
So for a home trainer, it is probably good enough.

Are you happy with the Kickr Climb?
Is it worth the climbing experience it provide ?

SportingGoods

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2019, 08:52:56 AM »
Well, I have used it only once so far! I switch from a non-Smart trainer to a Kicr Core+Climb, so it's a big upgrade. Climb is definitely nice, but the reason I bought it is because I used money from the insurance and got a 15% discount (it clearly offsets the high price). Also it is a nice setup for me as the bike is more compact this way (no wheel on at all), so takes less space when not installed. If I was using my outdoor road bike for that it would be different (I'd have to take both wheels off and then on every time, which can be a pain).
So, it is the right product for me now, but maybe not for everyone.

And yes, I still believe we'll ride the Alpes or Leuven together! Just give me time to recover a bit more :)