Author Topic: Chinese Titanium Frames...  (Read 15788 times)

avocadobike

Re: Chinese Titanium Frames...
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2022, 06:51:24 PM »
I emailed Sumi at Waltly and he said they do not do full suspension frames now. I know marino bikes will make a full suspension frame. I am not sure if it is fully custom or partially custom, but that might be another option.

ive also dealt with Sumi, all went super smooth. bike turned out great, considering a second frame with them now.

has anyone had any luck ordering from Hi-light?

Unsworn5836

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2022, 12:40:29 PM »

ive also dealt with Sumi, all went super smooth. bike turned out great, considering a second frame with them now.

has anyone had any luck ordering from Hi-light?
Also tried to get one from hi light. Reply was for oem only. Asked a friend in bike industry to get in contact, also no luck. Response was „working on 2023 models“.

MTBKeo

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2022, 08:03:46 AM »
Waltly replied to my emails fairly quick when I was looking for a Ti frame build earlier this year. wish I went with that route instead of the Ti frame I have now, only went another way due to time. Waltly would've taken 10-12 week and the frame I got was supposed to be in stock but took 16 weeks to get lol. may look into a single speed TI frame build next year

Vipassana

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2022, 09:32:10 PM »
Waltly replied to my emails fairly quick when I was looking for a Ti frame build earlier this year. wish I went with that route instead of the Ti frame I have now, only went another way due to time. Waltly would've taken 10-12 week and the frame I got was supposed to be in stock but took 16 weeks to get lol. may look into a single speed TI frame build next year

Who did you go with for your frame that took that long?

MTBKeo

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2022, 06:41:29 PM »
Nordest

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2023, 11:40:34 PM »
Just put my down payment on a road frame with carbon fork from Waltly. Prices have gone up quite a bit (they quoted me 8120RMB total for frame, fork, and domestic Chinese shipping) but it's still cheaper than the aluminum Specialized Allez Sprint frame I was looking at. Going with basically Cannondale Synapse design / geometry. They said it'll be done in about 2 months after drawings are finalized. Can't wait to start the process.

avocadobike

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2023, 05:21:54 PM »
i paid 790USD with fork so its def gone up a bit. i'm trying another supplier ATM and theyre quoting me 1800USD.

nicklej

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2023, 03:52:33 AM »
You could consider Tito or Titan still. Both are not badly priced and I have found both customer service responses to be prompt. Titan is about £950-1000 for a custom Ti frame. I am going to go down that route soon.

eeney

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2023, 07:35:54 PM »
Just received my gravel frame from Waltly.  I went with their standard gravel frame instead of custom, funnily their standard frame was incredibly similar to another Ti brand on the market.

I paid USD $1,150 plus shipping (inc frame, carbon forks, FSA headset and Ti seatpost). I've had it for a couple of months and very happy. The frame, services, etc was all very good, recommended based on my experience and what I heard from others.

Only two design options I would change.  I'd request a setback seatpost because my bike setup means my seat is quite far back.  Also, I should have gone with their T47 BB (their standard design), I opted for BSA because I already had a BB to fit, however, I think the T47 would have given more space for a dropper post cable and wireless if I go that way in future.

Flying Trunk Monkey

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2023, 03:24:37 AM »
Only two design options I would change.  I'd request a setback seatpost because my bike setup means my seat is quite far back.  Also, I should have gone with their T47 BB (their standard design), I opted for BSA because I already had a BB to fit, however, I think the T47 would have given more space for a dropper post cable and wireless if I go that way in future.

Do you think you'll still have enough room for an internal dropper cable with the BSA?

eeney

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2023, 03:43:34 PM »
Do you think you'll still have enough room for an internal dropper cable with the BSA?

No, not enough room to get the cable through, I took it to a shop and they couldn't do it.  I have the dropper post from Wiggle, I just can't fit it.

There is a very slim chance it will fit, I may try again, but it's extremely tight and unlikely. The last time I spent an hour just trying to get the cable through before giving up.

Flying Trunk Monkey

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2023, 11:59:45 PM »
Did you try installing the cable before the cranks? Also, a thinner derailleur cable might be a little more flexible than a brake cable.

What size spindle are you running? Waht re you doing to keep the cable off of the spindle?

I'm hoping this works out for you as I want to do something similar with a Ti frame.

carbonazza

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2023, 08:03:12 AM »
... Ti seatpost...

Do you feel it flexing a little?
To give you more comfort like a carbon one.
Is it 27.2mm ?

eeney

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2023, 03:50:39 PM »
Do you feel it flexing a little?
To give you more comfort like a carbon one.
Is it 27.2mm ?

No idea because I've only ridden it with this seatpost.

Aussiemandias

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2023, 09:49:03 AM »
Just received my gravel frame from Waltly.  I went with their standard gravel frame instead of custom, funnily their standard frame was incredibly similar to another Ti brand on the market.

I paid USD $1,150 plus shipping (inc frame, carbon forks, FSA headset and Ti seatpost). I've had it for a couple of months and very happy. The frame, services, etc was all very good, recommended based on my experience and what I heard from others.

If you are up for posting some photos of this build, I'd be grateful. I'm considering Waltly for a gravel build and I'm currently looking at one of their standard frames. Not sure if it's the same one you have.