Author Topic: Chinese SC/AM831 Group Buy  (Read 62145 times)

bmarty8

Re: Chinese SC/AM831 Group Buy
« Reply #390 on: February 25, 2021, 09:08:08 AM »
Maybe this has already been answered, but how would shipping work with a group buy? Would they send them all to one location and then you have to pay for shipping to your specific location? Also, would one person in that original shipping location, let's say New York, have to work with each member of the group buy to get the frames from New York to their proper destination? Maybe it's way easier than this, I'm just trying to think of the logistics of shipping in my head.

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #391 on: February 25, 2021, 12:16:48 PM »
Maybe this has already been answered, but how would shipping work with a group buy? Would they send them all to one location and then you have to pay for shipping to your specific location? Also, would one person in that original shipping location, let's say New York, have to work with each member of the group buy to get the frames from New York to their proper destination? Maybe it's way easier than this, I'm just trying to think of the logistics of shipping in my head.
Shipping to each person directly.

adbosch

« Reply #392 on: February 27, 2021, 05:24:35 PM »
Yes I'm in, size Large
 But I'm living in the Netherlands

EddScott

« Reply #393 on: March 02, 2021, 01:03:59 AM »
Had a chat with Jenny this morning.

Lead time quoted as 60-70 days.

She said cost of carbon gone up so USD 550 for 30. USD499 for 50.

Shipping to individual group buy member. Shipping would be in top.

Pantone colours available but cost on top.

Payment - this is where it may fall down. Because they don't know how many will actually order they want one payment.

Payment would be made through Alibaba. I'll need to check things like protection etc.

I'm in UK so USD550 is £400. That's £12000 before shipping and paint. I could buy 10 of small, medium, large and have shipped to me but then costs on top to ship to members.

This would be unpainted as they'd be on a first come first served basis. Also, I'm not taking responsibility if the frame has a defect. Going down the route of taking on responsibility, I'd have to sell close to individual price to cover frame issues/delivery issues. Probably closer to £600 each plus shipping unpainted. Yes, I'd make on them but the whole thing is likely to be a massive ball ache  :)

I don't mind arranging and taking payments off individuals. Can do colours then. You'd get all my contact details and anything else that might be needed to track me down if I take all your money and buy a speed boat or something. That risk is up to you. But I'll collect, pay and arrange shipping etc if that is what everyone wants.

Said I'd go back to her next 7-10 days. Thoughts?

« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 04:42:38 AM by EddScott »

QuentinLL

« Reply #394 on: March 02, 2021, 02:15:53 AM »
Yes I'm in, size Large
 But I'm living in the Netherlands

All mountain bike in Netherlands ? Did you find a secret mountain  ;D

adbosch

« Reply #395 on: March 02, 2021, 05:48:39 AM »
All mountain bike in Netherlands ? Did you find a secret mountain  ;D

;D ;D ;D
This confirms that my wife is right.
I just want to have everything.

Because now I also doubt whether I will order the jumpstumper ( Air wolf ) clone or not. Or the fly bike FM1001.

Any sugestions ?

PS I'm still in ;)

Gigelz

« Reply #396 on: March 02, 2021, 06:32:43 AM »

spth7ch

« Reply #397 on: March 02, 2021, 08:15:05 AM »
;D ;D ;D
This confirms that my wife is right.
I just want to have everything.

Because now I also doubt whether I will order the jumpstumper ( Air wolf ) clone or not. Or the fly bike FM1001.

Any sugestions ?

PS I'm still in ;)

Hello,
I'm from a pretty different area (french Alps) but with the same difficulty making my mind between Stumpjumper clone, Hightower clone and FM1001.
At the moment (i.e : it's moving a lot with each new information release), my very personnal ranking is :
1/ Hightower clone
dislikes : it's a clone
2/ FM1001 :
dislikes : style (too classic for me)
3/ Stumpjumper clone
ikes : style
dislikes : geometry / it's a clone

Then, have to consider availability and price to select one.

QuentinLL

« Reply #398 on: March 02, 2021, 08:31:35 AM »
Hello,
I'm from a pretty different area (french Alps) but with the same difficulty making my mind between Stumpjumper clone, Hightower clone and FM1001.
At the moment (i.e : it's moving a lot with each new information release), my very personnal ranking is :
1/ Hightower clone
dislikes : it's a clone
2/ FM1001 :
dislikes : style (too classic for me)
3/ Stumpjumper clone
ikes : style
dislikes : geometry / it's a clone

Then, have to consider availability and price to select one.

I was in the same situation.
French alps too, same ranking :-)
But I added a custom full suspension titanium frame on top of that... It is hard to make a decision.
I finally ordered the titanium (which would arrive in 8 weeks, i will post the build in "metal" section when received).

The AM831 remains a very great deal (if they manage to produce it)

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #399 on: March 02, 2021, 09:48:47 AM »
Had a chat with Jenny this morning.

Lead time quoted as 60-70 days.

She said cost of carbon gone up so USD 550 for 30. USD499 for 50.

Shipping to individual group buy member. Shipping would be in top.

Pantone colours available but cost on top.

Payment - this is where it may fall down. Because they don't know how many will actually order they want one payment.

Payment would be made through Alibaba. I'll need to check things like protection etc.

I'm in UK so USD550 is £400. That's £12000 before shipping and paint. I could buy 10 of small, medium, large and have shipped to me but then costs on top to ship to members.

This would be unpainted as they'd be on a first come first served basis. Also, I'm not taking responsibility if the frame has a defect. Going down the route of taking on responsibility, I'd have to sell close to individual price to cover frame issues/delivery issues. Probably closer to £600 each plus shipping unpainted. Yes, I'd make on them but the whole thing is likely to be a massive ball ache  :)

I don't mind arranging and taking payments off individuals. Can do colours then. You'd get all my contact details and anything else that might be needed to track me down if I take all your money and buy a speed boat or something. That risk is up to you. But I'll collect, pay and arrange shipping etc if that is what everyone wants.

Said I'd go back to her next 7-10 days. Thoughts?

With import taxes and double shipping, it's not going to be worth it for me. There are plenty of resellers that will have this bike once it's in production that I'm sure will do a group buy.

FlaMtnBkr

« Reply #400 on: March 02, 2021, 02:55:09 PM »
So they have the molds for all sizes complete?

There has to be a better way as that doesn't make much sense if shipping to different locations with different sizes, colors, etc. They have no problem taking a down payment and with a 60 day lead time, why not give people 30 days to order and once they get down payment it goes into production, then after 30 days or when frames start getting completed they give discount based on orders placed and then everyone pays the remainder of bill for frame, paint, shipping, accessories, discount, etc. It sounded like they knew it was a group buy and each would be different and shipped to different location so they shouldn't have an issue doing something similar to accommodate a group buy.

I'm not sure why chinese companies don't try to be transparent and instead show a low price and then say that's for this one and the one you want is actually this much, or it will be ready end of the week, then next month, then next year, or noodles $3 extra, etc etc. If they were just straight with people instead of making it all seem like a gamble I'm positive they would sell much more then how they currently (normally) operate.

EddScott

« Reply #401 on: March 05, 2021, 11:03:58 AM »
So, I'm at a stage where the group buy goes ahead, I buy them all myself and roll the dice or knock this on the head.

However, can we still get the GB up and running?

I can pay up front the first 50%. This will be via Alibaba so my payment is protected.

I'm hoping to get agreement that the remaining 50% can be paid by individual buyers with paint and shipping on top.

The frames go direct to buyers. There is two frames to a carton so would be helpful if buyers can double up????

From the first 50%, I'd need payment from those on the group buy before the frames are ready for paint. Approximately 60 days. My only proviso is the payment is made as PayPal gift. Once shipped its not my liability if the frame is faulty. If things go wrong, or frames don't appear after say 90 days, then money is refunded. That element of risk is up to you. I use same username for everything and you can find me on Faceache.

Once the frames are ready for paint, the remaining 50% is paid by each member together with paint and shipping costs.

If not all frames are bought, I'll buy them and sell them on from the UK. I had initially planned to do this with all the frames. If no one is interested at all, I may do this anyway.

I've suggest 12 Small, 20 Medium, 12 Large and 6 XLarge. In these amounts as I initially chose 6 colours (keeping two frames myself)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 11:07:00 AM by EddScott »

gido

« Reply #402 on: March 06, 2021, 06:10:01 AM »
I'm in for xl.  8)

EddScott

« Reply #403 on: March 07, 2021, 09:42:06 AM »
I'll edit this post once I have the final details tomorrow. Due to time difference I only get a few hours to chat with Jenny per day.

Not sure but maybe a new thread needs to be started - or make this a sticky?

Can interested members PM me so I get an email notification to add you?

Quote for 50 frames is $499 before fees, paint, shipping

Quote for 30 frames is $540 before fees, paint, shipping

The frames will only go into production if 50% of the cost is paid up front. Miracle don't want individual payments to make up the 50% - if they don't get enough orders they'll have to refund everyone.

I propose to open the GB from the 8th March to 2nd April. We get a new list of members genuinely interested and ready to part with cash. Each member will then get a number between 1 and 30/50 and choose a size.

After 2nd April, members get 7 days to pay me. As I've said before I don't really want the risk of charge backs for frame defects that aren't my fault. However, if this proves too big a stumbling block then Paypal fees will have to be added. 

I will make it a requirement of the deal that members can contact Jenny to confirm the deal is genuine etc.  Any contract info or any account details from when I make the payment can all be provided to members via PM.

If everything is successful, I'll make the payment for 50% of the value of the frames on 9th April. It will be paid via trade assurance on Alibaba so this is protected. Trade assurance is 2% - this will be priced into the per frame price - also only on 50% of the total as the remainder is being paid individually by paypal.  If for any reason the frames don't appear, I will arrange the refund through Alibaba and refund everyone. Again, all money movement info can be sent via PM if required.

If on 8th April there is not enough member in the GB or some members don't pay, I'll make the decision whether to junk the idea and refund members or carry on with it and I'll buy the remaining frames.

60/70 days later the frames are ready. Each member of the GB then makes their final 50% payment for the frame via paypal and choose colour which is $70 and can't be negotiated as it's not Miracle that does the painting. Painting is up to 15 days - this was what I was quoted but was on 50 frames being painted.

I will ask tomorrow but I'm sure if members want to add wheels etc, this will be the time to make that choice.

Shipping will also need to be paid at this point direct from Miracle to your door. They quoted me, using WXY shipping, $280 per box of two into the UK but this is with all duties paid - it is likely to be different depending on location.  I got a TanTan GR040 delivered via WXY and had no problems other than it took a while and no additional taxes were paid.

1. EddScott - M
2. EddScott - L
3. Mumblejack - M
4. Mumblejack - S

etc

« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 05:01:08 AM by EddScott »

Gigelz

« Reply #404 on: March 08, 2021, 08:05:40 AM »
Please delete me from the list.