Other Resources > Vendor Discussion & Reviews

Shipping and delivery times during Covid?

(1/2) > >>

stickey:
I don't see a better forum to place this, but what shipping times are you all experiencing?  I ordered a BXT from China in late May.  It shipped (flew?) May 31, and I've not seen an update since.

The estimated delivery times from Ali Express was June 11 to July 1.

Is there anything I can do to inquire as to where the package is in terms of the customs process in the US?

Icyseanfitz:
I'm experiencing similar delays, I've a frame coming 2 months at this stage, some components as well.

bxcc:
I have some fork mounts coming from Rock Bros that left on May 6th and they still haven't arrived. I know Waltly is charging me an extra $150 for shipping my Ti frame through DHL instead of EMS as it will take a few days instead of a couple months. This quote is from Amy from Waltly.
"For now i suggest DHL shipment , it is $230 but faster and secure , there is cheaper option, but it is unworkable now because virus influence . 3-4days for shipment time by DHL"

tripleDot:

--- Quote from: bxcc on July 01, 2020, 02:05:30 PM ---I have some fork mounts coming from Rock Bros that left on May 6th and they still haven't arrived. I know Waltly is charging me an extra $150 for shipping my Ti frame through DHL instead of EMS as it will take a few days instead of a couple months. This quote is from Amy from Waltly.
"For now i suggest DHL shipment , it is $230 but faster and secure , there is cheaper option, but it is unworkable now because virus influence . 3-4days for shipment time by DHL"
--- End quote ---

Same scenario for my Waltly Ti frame. Was charged $200 (within Asia) for DHL as opposed to $60-70 via EMS. It did reach our shore on time (under a week). But got delayed by about 3 weeks or so at the local DHL.

My smaller packeges from AliExpress took at least 4 weeks, that's about an extra week to arrive, except for one via DHL which took about 2 weeks. I also got a couple of 'free shipping' that have gone beyond estimated arrival periods. I'm not too concern as they are not essential parts for my built (extra valve caps & plastic fenders).

bxcc:

--- Quote from: tripleDot on July 02, 2020, 10:39:16 AM ---Same scenario for my Waltly Ti frame. Was charged $200 (within Asia) for DHL as opposed to $60-70 via EMS. It did reach our shore on time (under a week). But got delayed by about 3 weeks or so at the local DHL.

My smaller packeges from AliExpress took at least 4 weeks, that's about an extra week to arrive, except for one via DHL which took about 2 weeks. I also got a couple of 'free shipping' that have gone beyond estimated arrival periods. I'm not too concern as they are not essential parts for my built (extra valve caps & plastic fenders).

--- End quote ---

I'm hoping that my frame and rims arrive in a timely fashion. I'm not sure when my rims will leave the factory but they have sent me a tracking number already. It's free AliExpress shipping so we will see. My frame still isn't completed yet so there is that.

As for the fork mounts, while I understand the delay, I'm also getting a little irritated with it. It took a week to send the items then they cancelled the shipment 9 days or so after that. Makes me think they never shipped them the first time and they didn't want to lose the sale so they sent a non working tracking number so they could meet the shipping deadline. Now 8 weeks after purchase, they still haven't arrived in the US. I did ask to extend the purchase protection by 7 days and they approved it for 30 days. I can officially file a claim if I don't have them by the 5th of July and I'm debating on if I should actually do that. I understand there are some delays and I don't want to get a refund if they have zero control over the situation. But if they were never sent, I'd really like my money back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version