Author Topic: Carbonda Cfr 1056  (Read 105622 times)

ElGreco

Re: Carbonda Cfr 1056
« Reply #570 on: March 30, 2024, 09:00:02 AM »
The current version can handle 38mm tires indeed. The information on the carbonda website is outdated.

I did my test riding on the Canyon with the same wheels/tire/saddle/seatpost combo which I transferred from my aluminum Sonder.

So all comfort/contact points except from the bars, where the same and I could clearly feel a difference between the two bikes.

« Reply #571 on: April 09, 2024, 06:41:32 AM »
So all comfort/contact points except from the bars, where the same and I could clearly feel a difference between the two bikes.
Could you elaborate a bit more on that? I am really curious what kind of difference you've felt.

ElGreco

« Reply #572 on: April 18, 2024, 04:38:50 AM »
Could you elaborate a bit more on that? I am really curious what kind of difference you've felt.

On tarmac no difference. The big difference was the road buzz when on a "klinkerweg". The Canyon was way smoother on that type of road than my Sonder.

A "klinkerweg" is a typical dutch road (in Belgium too I think), in several forms, usually found in urban areas/villages or older bicycle paths with have not been converted to tarmac yet. Is consists of cobbles but certainly not the Paris-Roubaix type.

I have attached an image of several forms of a "klinkerweg"

JohnnyRabbit

« Reply #573 on: April 18, 2024, 11:31:36 AM »
The current version can handle 38mm tires indeed. The information on the carbonda website is outdated.

I will believe it when I see it. I bought mine in spring 2023 and it's impossible to fit a 38mm tire. It will rub against the seatstays.

jstrawks

« Reply #574 on: April 18, 2024, 11:56:13 AM »
You might be right. I'm not sure. I have a 2021 CFR-1056 and have run Schwalbe G-One Allarounds in a 35 on my Farsports wheels and they weren't  close to rubbing. I can't attest that a 38 won't rub.

Sph3x

« Reply #575 on: June 22, 2024, 02:53:58 PM »
Hello everyone,

I received the pictures from Wing today and would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread and given me, and I'm sure many others, the chance to learn from the mistakes and tips of you. It's been a dream of mine for a long time to build my own road bike as I'm extremely interested in the mechanical part and not only in this wonderful sport.

Over the last few weeks, I have studied this thread from front to back several times to familiarize myself with the frameset and its peculiarities.

On May 13th the time had come and I sent the first mail to Carbonda.

Just one day later, Wing sent me the price list. I decided on a two-tone glossy color.

Once I had paid, it took a few weeks but today I received the pictures of the painted frame. I am super happy with the color choice and hope that the frame arrives as soon as possible so that I can start building it.

I will keep you up to date when the frame has arrived and the assembly can start

For those of you who are interested I have attached a list of all the parts I have ordered.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2024, 11:33:25 AM by Sph3x »