Author Topic: Cable/Brake Routing  (Read 1915 times)

Cable/Brake Routing
« on: September 23, 2014, 01:40:46 PM »
I purchased the IP 256 SL frame.  This is my first time dealing with internal routing, and I had a few questions.

Are the plastic tubes that come on the bike just used to guide the brake and cable lines?

It looks like the entrance hole for rear derailleur cable is on the same side as the shifter. Is anyone using the front derailleur hole instead? I won’t be using a front derailleur.

Thanks for any help. Pictures on what you guys did for you routing or a link to your build would be great!!

Jason

MTB2223

Re: Cable/Brake Routing
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 01:47:13 PM »
The plastic tubes are for guiding the cables.

If you want to switch the fd and rd, you have to switch the plastic tubes first. The easiest way is to switch at the headset. Pull back both plastic tubes and put it back switched.
Actually, you dont have to switch, you can remove the fd tube and pull back the rd tube a little in the headset and put it in the fd exit.

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 02:34:13 PM »
What did you use to hold the cable and brake lines to the plastic tube?

MTB2223

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 02:51:07 PM »
For the shifters it's easy. You can put the inner cable of the shifters right into the tubes/hoses.
For the rear break line, I put a thin iron cable into the hose, then I taped the brake line to this iron cable and then pull gently the iron cable AND push gentle the brake line.