Author Topic: Carbonda Gravel Carbon frame CFR707  (Read 71602 times)

Kactusdog

Re: Carbonda Gravel Carbon frame CFR707
« Reply #255 on: June 03, 2024, 03:55:42 PM »
Coming from a 696 and wanting some more clearance and descending confidence. A little sad that it seems this frame can't do a RaceKing 2.2". The plan was to supply my own fork that can take a 60mm from WINOWSPORTS that has a 410mm A to C, so a little more slack and upright, i'm tall w/ long legs... so I welcome the stack height lol.

I have been trying to justify this as my next frame over an Epic HT with short rigid fork. But looks like the drop bar Epic HT will have to be the ticket.

Syceone

« Reply #256 on: June 04, 2024, 10:04:53 AM »
Hi all,

I bought this fully internal frame too and built it up with an Shimano GRX 820 (1x) mechanical groupset with the 10-51 cassette. The build went really easy until I got to adjusting the deraileur...
I can't get it to work properly... It shifts very inconsistent.

Is there anyone with tips to get it to work properly? (Maybe a youtube video I haven't found yet) I am affraid that the cable is routed to tight through the frame :( I used the deraileur outer cable completely through the frame and handlebar.

Thanks in advance...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2024, 10:58:08 AM by Syceone »

acedeuce802

« Reply #257 on: June 04, 2024, 02:27:50 PM »
Unfortunately I don't have good news, hopefully someone else has some solutions.  The main issue is the bend in the handlebar, so an option could be to use a normal stem/handlebar (or externally routed one piece handlebar) and run the cables through the headset at a shallower angle.  Maybe there's a type of cable and/or housing that has less friction for tight bends, or a lubricant that can help.  I could never get mine dialed in so I went AXS.

Syceone

« Reply #258 on: June 04, 2024, 11:34:18 PM »
Thanks for your reply... I think i'll go to my lbs to let them fix it... If it needs another handlebar I'll go for that.

nprak

« Reply #259 on: July 18, 2024, 05:56:03 AM »
Hi all,

I am about to pull the trigger on this frame for my "all-road" bike (i.e. with 2 sets of wheels).

Now comes the question of the groupset : I definitely plan to go 2x (probably 50/34) b/c that is what I have now and clearly 1x won't do for my use case.
But I am a bit afraid of routing a hydraulic 2x groupset fully internally.

Who has done it? How would rate the installation: easy, doable, painful, should I just forget about it and go di2/AXS?

2old2mould

« Reply #260 on: July 18, 2024, 06:35:42 AM »
I have had some issues with routing gear cables into the 707 and 1056. The plastic port near the bottom bracket seems to require routing half the housing down one way then half or so the other way (back up). I did manage hto drive in a housing all the way through but I'm not hugely impressed with the way the cable comes through to the rear mech. I have experienced poor shifts. I am thinking of removing my GRX 800 2x and trying an LTWoo eGR group.

ollyman

« Reply #261 on: July 21, 2024, 01:51:03 AM »
Hello Carbonda 707 fans.
I've got one ordered, what is the quality like of the seatpost hardware?
Worth upgrading?

And how have most people found the brake mounting areas, do they need facing?

Thanks

jannmayer

« Reply #262 on: July 21, 2024, 02:19:27 AM »
Hello Carbonda 707 fans.
I've got one ordered, what is the quality like of the seatpost hardware?
Worth upgrading?

And how have most people found the brake mounting areas, do they need facing?

Thanks

The seatpost hardware s functional, but not great. I found it was a bit fiddly to get it set up but it worked.

I didn't face the brake mounts. I've found the GRX calipers are very sensitive to alignment, so maybe that would have helped?

nprak

« Reply #263 on: July 22, 2024, 09:16:02 AM »
Hi all,

Also before ordering I had completely forgotten the question of the aerobars, which I would really like to give a try to.

I am guessing (and Wing is telling me) that the CGB02 are not compatible with aerobars; which makes sense.
But then I found https://www.controltechbikes.com/products/item/417.html and I thought that maybe there was a way to make it work with a one-piece aero cockpit?
[edit] there is also this kind of mount which could work https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006263236960.html ?

There is also the option to use the more standard CGB01 or CHB003, but I really like the look of a fully integrated one-piece aero cockpit  ;D
(or other AliX vendors; I haven't really leaned into handlebars topics yet)

Who here has installed aerobars on their frame ?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2024, 09:23:58 AM by nprak »

FastAsFrick

« Reply #264 on: September 16, 2024, 03:21:29 AM »
Hi everyone,

I’m in the process of choosing the right frame size for my new bike, and I could use some advice. I’m planning to buy the Carbonda CFR-707, but I’m torn between the L and XL frame sizes.

For reference, I’m 189 cm tall (6'2.5") with an 86 cm inseam (34"). I’m leaning towards the L frame with a longer stem, but I’m not entirely sure if that’s the best choice.

Could you help me figure out which size would be a better fit? Thanks in advance!