Author Topic: Stumpjumper clone  (Read 46952 times)

Verbl Kint

Re: Stumpjumper clone
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2021, 10:15:40 PM »
Question for those who already have this frame: is the geo chart on page 1 accurate?

Thrill21

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2021, 05:20:15 AM »
I'll post a full review and measurements once I have mine built. it is def. 2019 Specialized Stumpjumper, not the evo. Without saying it fully, the person I have been speaking with said they have built this frame for a big company to sell over seas...

CloneRider

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2021, 01:15:42 PM »
Hi Thrill21...can you post the weight of the frame you received (please provide size)...with the rear axle, Headset Bearings, Rear Derailleur Hanger, Chain guide, seatpost clamp?  I started an open dialog...asking questions with one of the sellers on AliExpress (AirWolf)...and wanted to get an actual weight comparison from someone who has the frame in hand.  They list it as 2295 (+/-30gr) in "Medium" frame and 2193 grams "for size M" in the same listing.

Also take note for anyone else interested in this frame...the price as of Sunday (1/10/21) has jumped up to $853 + $48.42 shipping to U.S. = $901.42.  So Thrill21 and swuw231 got a decent deal at $770 + shipping.

Thrill21

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2021, 05:21:20 AM »
With said items, this frame came in at 2268 grams. All info is very accurate on website

CloneRider

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2021, 10:31:48 AM »
Thanks Thrill!...Airwolf is telling me the 2193 grams is just for the frame, rear derailleur and seat post clamp.  My max cutoff weight for this project is 2280grams...so approx. 5lbs...I am shooting for a 24"ish" lbs (24.25-24.80 lbs) finished build weight.  Looks like the Stumpy clone is right near the max...but within my spec.  Thanks again for your help!

Cube78

« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2021, 06:35:47 AM »
Hi there
is there any news of which are already being built?

Cube78

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2021, 04:48:24 AM »
It's a shame that no news is posted by those who already have the frame

Thrill21

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2021, 05:22:59 AM »
Here's my follow up for some impatient trollers....

Bought this frame November 4th and received in hand January 4th. 60 days China ----> Toronto.Not bad considering our world is currently upside down.

Like swuw231, I also did not get a rear axle included so I ordered one from CRC and it was hear quicker then my LBS could order one. Build it up with parts I had and put it together for a demo ride knowing that it was not the configuration I was going to ride with, Front travel, RS Pike DA 160 with a 51 offset provided me with a 65 deg slack which is more then what I am use to. Ran a 200x57 rear shock, too much travel as the tire was just rubbing on the seat binder. Tested it on some local trails where their is some downhill sections (not really, small 30 second downhills) and mini climbs. Rode incredibly well. Frame is predictable and works very well. Handled jumps, climbed very well. I tore the bike back down and as suspected 3 bearing were already pooched. So I will be replacing all the bearings. Going to be painting this frame up and will put all new bearings everywhere and bike should be ready 2 ride for the spring. Pic attached. The store I bought this from has been good at communicating, will be purchasing a few more to sell as completed bikes as the entire bike industry is on pause for 2021. The store I got this from is originally linked on the first page so do some research like I did.

CloneRider

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2021, 08:58:11 PM »
Hi Thrill...the bike looks great!  I ordered mine on 1/17 (from AWST Cycling) and just got the tracking # on 1/31...so now the waiting game begins...lol.  Did they include the rubber plug or "boot" that fits in that large cable/hose access opening behind the bottom bracket shell?  I am looking on line and can't seem to find it for sale anywhere.  I figured that would be a part that would need to be replaced at one time or another during the bike's lifetime...but can't find it...maybe I am using the wrong description to search in google.

scourge

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2021, 08:01:10 PM »
Looks great. You'll probably like that slack head angle. I wonder how slack it makes the seat tube angle though. That may be the only drawback.

Thrill21

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2021, 04:28:36 AM »
Looks great. You'll probably like that slack head angle. I wonder how slack it makes the seat tube angle though. That may be the only drawback.

No they didn't while sanding down the frame yesterday I had thought of a couple ideas. Similar plugs like for the firewall on vehicles where wires get fed through. Need to sort that out for sure.

Mousey

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2021, 04:06:25 AM »
hi everyone,
I'm new on this forum and want to share a few info about this frame. Ordered in on december 23. recieved last week with DPD shipping or XDB whatever you call it - no tax had to be paid.
I had all the components (bar wheelsets) waiting at home so i could start assembly asap... but - they speciffy 190*50 or 160*50 rear shock - i went for 190*50. My frame is L size. I installed the shock and let all the pressure out to see where it stops - shocker... when rear triangle allready hit the seatpost the shock still had 10-12mm of travel left... So i fiddled around with caliper/measure tape and figgured it out that min length after the shock is compressed is 160mm and max is 210mm - so the only shock that is suitable in my opinion is 210*50mm - with that you have exactly 150mm of travel on the rear wheel. So the info they give out on the aliexpress seems to be wrong or the old design of the shock fork. anyways, i now ordered 210*50 shock.

The frame is really well made - of course i ordered all the oem items swus231 posted in #31 post - thanks! i did a hack paintjob and now waiting for the proper shock and wheels to check the ride. There are minor surface (I hope) dents/holes which the black paint hides really well so consider that when chosing your color choice.

Frame weighs 2190g painted - without seatpost clamp and chainguide.

Edit: i forgot to add, the headtube angle with 210mm shock and 160mm fork is around 65°
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 04:11:38 AM by Krachun »

Mousey

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2021, 04:09:37 AM »
Here is the link to the photos i made:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AodhshLG0I0gi60KzmND0TcEzErnEg?e=2g2awg

the aluminium bar is 210mm and the next hole is 160mm - so you can check the clearance of the frame.

Rick64

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2021, 06:03:04 AM »
Paint looks very good.

Thrill21

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2021, 05:56:57 AM »
Update: The location of the water bottle mounted is way to high. I noticed that right away even without a piggy back shock (which I am going to go with) so I drilled a 1/4" hole 65mm below the bottom screw mount and installed another rivet nut in to the frame. Major improvement. Highly recommend doing this. Paint so far.... Sanded - 600, then 800 -  black primer and then added color effex paint. Looks amazing in the sun light. Decals ordered, then 3-4 coats of clear.