Author Topic: Custom Headtube badges  (Read 4780 times)

325racer

Custom Headtube badges
« on: September 26, 2014, 12:55:27 AM »
I so want to get something like this.  Must find inspiration for what will work on mine.

http://www.headbadges.com/id74.html

Oolak

Re: Custom Headtube badges
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 04:12:28 AM »
Wow! Those are way sweet. Def need to get my own. The chinertown logo would look cool as a badge like that.

brmeyer135

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 09:03:51 AM »
Those are so cool.  It is getting to the point your chiner could look like a name brand if one so chose.

MTNRCKT

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 01:05:00 PM »
Frkn SWEET! Looking into one of these, for sure. Thx for sharing.

MTNRCKT

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 01:06:57 PM »
Those are so cool.  It is getting to the point your chiner could look like a name brand if one so chose.

True, but I think it's cooler when you put your own personal flair on them. The builds in Vipassana's and 325racer's threads come to mind. Sharp looking bikes, while also being unique and conversation pieces/starters.

These custom badges just add even more cool options.

brmeyer135

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 05:26:59 AM »
By no means copying a major - I meant having yours look like a major that somebody walks up and says, "I have never heard of them.  Where can I get one of those?"

cmh

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 07:10:14 AM »
Mentioned this in the other thread that mentioned head badges, but I can't endorse Jen (of Revolution Cycle Jewelry) highly enough. She's freaking brilliant, and has been doing some stuff lately that is just amazing, using multiple metals and stuff like that. I am fairly certain that if you can dream it, Jen can make it. We've also had her do several jewelry pieces for my wife that have all come out amazing.

Some of her recent head badges:

Something a bit more personal - I took a photo of my wife's bike, converted it to a silhouette, and gave that to Jen, who then cut it out and put it on a pendant:

Jen's a true artist, an awesome person, and a serious rider to boot!

brmeyer135

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 12:33:45 PM »
Is Jen's prices similar to the custom head badges at the top of this topic?

cmh

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 04:30:20 PM »
Is Jen's prices similar to the custom head badges at the top of this topic?

Jen _is_ headbadges.com. Sorry if I didn't make that clearer. Headbadges.com/Revolution Cycle Jewelry/Jen Green Custom Jewelry  is a one-lady show run out of a small shop on Jeweler's Row in Philadelphia. She's super awesome and incredibly talented.

325racer

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 07:51:46 PM »
Cmh,

Are you near Jen?  Do you have an IP-057 by any chance??  Looking to see if she can copy the curvature on the headtube.

Your badges look amazing!

cmh

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 10:43:53 AM »
Are you near Jen?  Do you have an IP-057 by any chance??  Looking to see if she can copy the curvature on the headtube.

I used to work quite literally around the corner when I was in Philly.  Now I'm about 45 minutes away, but not an impossible journey.

As for the IP-057, once I sell off some of the old stuff, I'll be ordering - so not yet. Depends on how impatient you are. :D

Your badges look amazing!

Not mine, just photos of her recent work. The jewelry pendant with the bike on it is a custom piece she made for my wife, though.