Author Topic: ZTTO BB92 BB86 threaded bottom brackets.  (Read 8178 times)

electrolux

Re: ZTTO BB92 BB86 threaded bottom brackets.
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2023, 03:11:42 AM »
Hi,
I have installed a ztto BB86 threaded BB on my new frame (Speeder Cycling SC 52D), but after a few rides the bb is creaking  :(
Any of you experienced this and found a solution ?

I have the ceramic version, and the crankset is a Red AXS GXP. I just threaded the cups and installed the GXP adapter for the non-drive side.
On the Token Ninja I think a wavy washer is required on the drive side, but ztto dot not provide this washer so I thought it was not necessary ?
In addition to what was mentioned above I have seen some people use PTFE plumbers tape to take up any tolerances which solved their creaking. Can be an easy fix.

jonathanf2

« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2023, 01:15:12 PM »
I currently have a ZTTO threaded press fit BB86 steel bearing BB installed in one of my bike frames. It's currently working great! I have a few questions if I plan to upgrade the bearings:

1. Can I leave the cups/sleeve in place while removing the bearings?

2. I'm presuming I would need to use a press fit tool to install new bearings?

If it requires removing the whole assembly again, maybe it's better just to get a brand new BB instead (though somewhat wasteful).

kenji

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2023, 07:01:52 AM »
thanks for your inputs electrolux and carbonazza, actually the noise came from the nds crank arm, the 8 mm bolt was loosening itself during rides, especially when I was out of the saddle. I had to re-tighten it regularly on the fly during a bikepacking trip.
When tightened, the crankset did not spin freely but I do not know the source of the issue. I did not want to carefully investigated this, and replaced the ztto bb by a token ninja lite, and now I think this is working properly.

St0mpB0x

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2023, 04:51:53 PM »
1. Can I leave the cups/sleeve in place while removing the bearings?

2. I'm presuming I would need to use a press fit tool to install new bearings?

1. Most likely.
2. Yes.