Author Topic: TanTan TT-X21 frame  (Read 25095 times)

imperyal

TanTan TT-X21 frame
« on: October 22, 2020, 05:55:07 PM »
I’m looking at this TT-X21 frame from TanTan:
http://www.tantancycling.com/index.php?_m=mod_product&_a=view&p_id=843

Anyone here riding this frame?
I’m between this and the A9 from ICAN (the A9 is significantly more expensive).

Thank you.

Matt_C

Re: TanTan TT-X21 frame
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 11:35:40 AM »
Check out my A9 thread and finished build. I though about this bike too but I ended up going for the A9 because of better communication from Perry and also I couldn't find a bad review of an ican product (wheels and frame) while there are a few people unhappy with the standards of their tan tan bike (this may be because tan tan sell more bikes). The integrated handedbar included with the A9 is incredible, basically a vision metron 5D. I believe both companies upload YouTube videos of their products so go check them out!

imperyal

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 06:18:21 PM »
What size A9 frame did you get? Lucky from icancycling.com recommended a 52, I’m 168cm tall.
Did you bought your frame from icancycling.com too? Any advise?

P.S.: your bike looks fabulous!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 06:21:32 PM by imperyal »

Matt_C

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 04:11:40 AM »
I went for a size 56. I am 187cm tall and I felt like i was in between a 56 and 58. I went with the smaller size and got the longer stem and it fits perfectly. Its possible to make a smaller bike fit bigger but its not possible to make a bigger bike fit smaller!

I wouldn't buy off any website, Email the companies and discuss the bikes and what you want before ordering the pay via paypal. The stock available might help you decide what bike to get. For example I wanted a 38cm wide bar and they were out of stock, the wait would have been an extra month so instead i went with the 40cm bar that was available immediately. Ask lots of questions and make sure they have everything in stock. The speed of the replies and honesty of the sellers will help you decide which one to go for.

FHS

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 03:11:38 PM »
Did you ever purchase the TT-X21? How was your interaction with Tantan?

Thanks!

Snacks

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2020, 08:28:27 PM »
Hey fhs , if I can be of any help here. I purchased a frame from them back in early Sept and have been having a hell of time dealing with the company. I was provided a fake tracking number, and was lied to/mislead too many times. Still waiting for a frame or my money back. I would recommend purchasing from anyone else. I was planning on making a post here detailing the whole experience with screenshots. I guess I should do that sooner than later.

FHS

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2020, 09:55:14 PM »
Hi Mrpoptart,

Thanks for the input and sorry to hear about your difficulties. Hope you get your situation worked out. I've been lurking in the forum for a couple of weeks. Isn't there somebody who works with Tantan posting here, Sissypants? Any suggestions from him? I even saw a post from them somewhere in this forum.

Which frame did you try to purchase?

Definitely much appreciated, but I pulled the trigger last night. I've looked at a lot of frames and communicated with a few different manufacturers but Tantan was one of the most responsive. I even tried to purchase a TT-X3 from them on Aliexpress, but I cancelled that order after one of their reps told me that the T3 was out of stock and wouldn't be available for 3 months. My money was refunded right away and they recommended a couple of other frames before I gave the X21 a good look. I had a helpful exchange with the rep, changed my order a couple of times after a few questions, really like the geometry and size of the X21, thought it would be a good fit, so here we are.

Guess both of us will be keeping folks updated on Tantan

Snacks

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2020, 10:36:03 AM »
Hi ,

Yea I spoke to sissypants and they were helpful in their answer to my message but unfortunately there was not much they could do to help otherwise. That was the reason I originally joined this forum.

Originally I had purchased the tt-X3 when it was in stock. I reached out to them to make sure instead of just ordering on aliexpress because I wanted to make sure they still had my size available. First they had it and would ship soon . Then they told me they just had to build the fork. Then it was being painted. This lasted a month and a half until they finally told me the truth and said they had no frame to send me. Per their own recommendation, I paid the difference on the only other frame they supposedly had in stock, fm-659. Got another fake tracking number for this one when lead time was up. I asked them about it and got blocked on alibaba until I opened a dispute but even then they just unblocked me to tell me to "be quiet and wait". The whole time I just kept asking for an honest answer. If they would have said they needed more time then that would have been fine. Instead, they lied to and mislead me every step of the way.

They were really responsive up until lead time was up and they provided a fake tracking number, EV940554444CN. It still doesn't show anything. In any case, I hope you have a better experience with them.

FHS

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2020, 11:39:32 AM »
Yikes, sounds eerily familiar. Not sure why they keeping posting that TT-X3 frame for sale when it clearly is not available. I just got another Ebay notice that it was reposted. Specs and price do sound too good to be true. Sounds like a classic bait and switch. Wouldn't be terrible if we would actually get what we paid for.

Who did you work with if you don't mind me asking?

This ride is just starting for me, no pun intended. I didn't plan on actually having anything in hand before February, honestly, based on everything I've read. Website says 7-10 day lead time, rep says within 15 days, then the real fun begins I guess.

Snacks

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2020, 12:27:15 PM »
I worked with Amy and then started to talk to vivian, whom i believe is the manager, after speaking with sissypants. although, i never mentioned sissypants to them so as not to ruin his relationship with the company since things were starting to go south for me. Vivian did nothing, was actually a bit rude(although that could have been a translation issue) and was the one who told me to be quiet and wait. she also started to show me other customer info, which i found pretty unprofessional, stating they were all in the same situation as me but didnt care they were mislead originally.

i was quoted 15 days but when they set the lead time it was 35 days. I do admit that was my fault for missing it on the contract in my excitement to get the ball rolling. oh and they had me pay for the order on alibaba when i was talking to them on aliexpress but since ive done a bit of business there already, i did not mind. when trying to get my money back through alibaba, they provided another fake tracking number, this time UPS but when checking the tracking number they have no package which was also confirmed when contacting ups. alibaba has marked the package as dispatched and their dispute mediation team settled in favor of the seller since they provided a tracking number on time and said i should wait for it to update. that was about 3 weeks ago and ive never seen a tracking number from UPS take this long to update.  i ordered on sept 7th, and now almost 3months later still no product or even a working tracking number.

still i have read other people having better luck with tantan, although nothing as of late, and i do wish you the best. hopefully this was a one off case but still enough of a horror story that i felt i need to share with others considering purchasing from them.

Edit: removed tracking number I had in the post.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 09:23:08 AM by Mrpoptart »

FHS

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2020, 01:14:39 PM »
Thank you, again, much appreciated.

Best of luck to you as well. Sounds like you are back in groove with your purchase from Velobuild!

imperyal

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2020, 07:57:46 AM »
Hello,

I ordered the TT-X21 frame last night, directly from the factory.
The communication with Rose is nice, sometimes she takes her time to respond, but she is helpful.

I will post when my frame arrives, wish me luck!

FHS

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2020, 09:06:38 AM »
Good luck!

Did she give you a lead time?

imperyal

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2020, 12:01:14 PM »
She said it would be shipped in 7 days. And from that, 35-40 days to delivery.

FHS

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2020, 11:18:20 AM »
Apparently, my X-21 shipped today. Got sent a tracking number on Monday that went active this morning. Package arrived at Tianjin Mail Processing Center at 19:36.