Author Topic: allstarbicycle.com  (Read 2997 times)

dopestar

allstarbicycle.com
« on: October 26, 2020, 09:38:47 AM »
I just wanted to ask if someone has experience or reviewed allstarbicycle.com.
I'm planning to purchase one of their mtb frames (specialized epic hardtail).

I hope someone can give light about the website.

hahel

Re: allstarbicycle.com
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 07:25:50 AM »
Hi,
I ordered a Chinarello grevil frameset from their aliexpress shop this spring.
They tried to make me order via the allstarbicycle site, but i wanted the buyer protection from aliexpress (which with hindsight was a wise decision).

Ordered March-31 supposedly shipped May-1, payed for XDB-shipping.

My order got caught up in the covid-19 outbreak, the seller wanted more money for shipping and delay delivery.
The tracking number i finally got were marked as delivered on May-28 i Ireland (i live in Sweden)

Ended in a dispute and i got my money back, so luckily i only lost some potential ride time.
So my buying experience weren't the best :-/, some of it is related to Covid but it felt as if the delivery process were a decoy.

/Hakan

joshtee

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 01:48:57 AM »
I just wanted to ask if someone has experience or reviewed allstarbicycle.com.
I'm planning to purchase one of their mtb frames (specialized epic hardtail).

I hope someone can give light about the website.

Did you end up ordering this frame? Seems like the closest match to the current Epic geo.

Rick64

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 10:55:49 AM »
Safer to buy the same frame on Aliexpress, I had a couple of issues on my frame I wasn't 100% satisfied with, Ali refunded me £65 as the seat post was junk.But overall the frame rides great

joshtee

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 11:22:18 AM »
They do have a store front on Alibaba, but not on Aliexpress. I did find them on Aliexpress, but they no longer sell there. Red flag maybe?

Here's the frame from All Star on Alibaba.com:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/OEM-Custom-Brand-29er-27-5_1600060266274.html?spm=a2700.shop_pl.41413.13.59154381FmY0dP