Author Topic: Velobuild Gf01  (Read 3654 times)

Snacks

Re: Velobuild Gf01
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2021, 10:43:39 AM »
How do you like it?

It's top of my list now, but I'm a bit concerned about the short headtube. Might be too low at the front end.
Possibly thinking of going from a small to a medium with a shorter stem.

I thought the front end might be low too so I kept a few spacers under the stem. At 5'10" with a 30.5in inseam I'm riding a size S with a 90mm stem and it fits me perfectly.  Although I do like my bikes on the smaller side.

I actually wanted the gf02 but they couldn't get it out to me in time for training.  The slacker hta and non aero seatpost so i could fit a dropper were the only reasons I wanted that over what I have . Otherwise the gf01 has been a great bike and a joy to ride

Nerve29

Re: Velobuild Gf01
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2021, 03:00:19 AM »

Since my current bike is QR, I'd need new wheel. Since I'm both on road and in forest, I need 2 sets :( Plan is 1 set with communting/bikepack tires. Somethink like 32mm Continental 4seasons, and 1 set with graveltires (running 33mm challenge limos now, but guess that is more of a cross tire).
Probably too late, but the GF01 is an open mould that is available from several brands and some sell them with quick release dropouts for frame and fork. For example haidelibikes (tideace) or spcylce do.

https://m.de.aliexpress.com/item/1005002502652782.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&spm=a2g0n.store_m_allProduct.allProducts_8426924.1005002502652782

Maybe velobuild can provide the frame with qr dropouts aswell. For the frame, you can even find them sold individually on aliexpress. Of course, for the frame it is either or...

I have that frame though i bought from tideace. I didn't know of velobuild back then or else i would've bought from them. The frame itself is a copy of the Open UP,  and like the Open it is very road bike like. It's great but has one major flaw: no 0-setback seatpost. The Open was designed for 0-setback back, so with the same seat angle but 25mm many people won't find the perfect seat position. If you got long femurs you'll be fine. If your femurs are normal or small for your size... You might have a problem.