Author Topic: Velo Build R-099 Build  (Read 38181 times)

abedfo

Re: Velo Build R-099 Build
« Reply #270 on: September 20, 2023, 10:15:18 AM »
Here is my VBR-099, build completed just in time for the weather becoming crap in the UK.

I bought the frame 2nd hand from ebay (£350) and lifted the parts from my bowman palace.

Interestingly the brand "Fire" up-sells the frameset for £2800 here https://ridefire.cc/collections/ignite

The frame itself was easy to work with. I had more problems with odd little things breaking with my old parts.

Im now just sitting staring at my bike in the garage waiting for a weather window  :'(

bichler.bua

« Reply #271 on: September 21, 2023, 04:58:16 AM »
Nice, happy waiting...while you do so: what is the stem on this build?

abedfo

« Reply #272 on: September 21, 2023, 04:58:37 PM »
Nice, happy waiting...while you do so: what is the stem on this build?

I got it from the "thrust carbon bike store" on ali express. The bike came with the spacers and a 130mm version of that stem. Luckily I found the above store to buy a 100mm one. The quality of it is a bit meh, it was really tight to fit and I sanded it a bit haha.

Kris

« Reply #273 on: September 21, 2023, 06:12:04 PM »
The cable stop plug (don't know what the official name is) is broken and I want it replaced. I can get a replacement from Chris but this will take a lot of time to get here. Does anyone know another webshop where i could order a similar part? Preferably a Eu based shop.

abedfo

« Reply #274 on: September 21, 2023, 11:06:18 PM »
The cable stop plug (don't know what the official name is) is broken and I want it replaced. I can get a replacement from Chris but this will take a lot of time to get here. Does anyone know another webshop where i could order a similar part? Preferably a Eu based shop.

I don't think you will find an EU replacement.

bichler.bua

« Reply #275 on: September 22, 2023, 01:41:58 AM »
I got it from the "thrust carbon bike store" on ali express. The bike came with the spacers and a 130mm version of that stem. Luckily I found the above store to buy a 100mm one. The quality of it is a bit meh, it was really tight to fit and I sanded it a bit haha.

Thanks for sharing, they are selling stem only - so the spacer hardware below the stem for the semi-integrated cable routing was part of the frame, already?

abedfo

« Reply #276 on: September 22, 2023, 05:31:02 AM »
Thanks for sharing, they are selling stem only - so the spacer hardware below the stem for the semi-integrated cable routing was part of the frame, already?

It came with the frame 2nd hand so I'm not sure if new. Maybe check and see if longteng make a similar stem spacer system as they also make the frame (intact mine is a longteng!)

abedfo

« Reply #277 on: September 22, 2023, 05:36:51 AM »
First ride complete, just a quick 20km. What can I say other than wow, it's stiffer and somehow more smooth than my aluminium bowman. This is the first carbon bike I've ridden disc and with 28mm tyres so I'm very impressed.

Just a few little setup niggles to iron out. I did a quick and dirty job on the FD so will take some time to do it properly.

Also shout out to the tiagra calipers, they work much better than the ltwoo ones do with the same 105 brifters.

Kris

« Reply #278 on: September 22, 2023, 12:34:36 PM »
I don't think you will find an EU replacement.

Doesnt have to be the same system. Anything that fits will do for me.
But i have no idea where to look.