Author Topic: LCFS948 - a new enduro from Light Carbon  (Read 6694 times)

jefflinde

Re: LCFS948 - a new enduro from Light Carbon
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2024, 01:46:07 PM »
the size M is on testing, size L have no make the metal mold, need more time, so we have the time for seat post,
but one question is if short the length of seat tube, it's hardly make sure the enough length for inseart parts of dropper post. the seat post only can be between the two red lines,

Leave it as it is.  like you state, you are limited on how far into the frame you can go.  if you make it too short, a taller rider wond be able to get a post in far enough and will still have issues. 

Lenoch

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2024, 05:16:46 PM »
after chinese new year holiday. about in late February or early March,
Now we are improving the strength of the rear triangle because some problems were discovered during testing!

Thats great news. I like this frame and I´ll definitely buy it but 170 mm is a little too much travel  for me. Is there any way to calculate the travel with a smaller shock, say 210x50?

bmarty8

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2024, 11:21:39 PM »
Leave it as it is.  like you state, you are limited on how far into the frame you can go.  if you make it too short, a taller rider wond be able to get a post in far enough and will still have issues.

The trend in the bike industry is to have a longer dropper post with a shorter seat tube. For example the ibis Ripley and Ripmo, two of the best selling bikes in the industry, have ST lengths of 418 and 432mm respectively. It allows for more customization via different length dropper post and is much nicer as you can move the seat way out of the way when you are descending. With dropper post reaching lengths of 240mm, it shouldn’t be a problem accommodating longer legged riders. Additionally, droppers are starting to have shorter and shorter insertion lengths, which can make up somewhat for a short frame  insertion length. If this seller wants to sell the most amount  of frames, he should try to lower the seat tube length. As it is, it will deter buyers looking for a frame with modern geometry.

jefflinde

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2024, 07:56:19 PM »
The trend in the bike industry is to have a longer dropper post with a shorter seat tube. For example the ibis Ripley and Ripmo, two of the best selling bikes in the industry, have ST lengths of 418 and 432mm respectively. It allows for more customization via different length dropper post and is much nicer as you can move the seat way out of the way when you are descending. With dropper post reaching lengths of 240mm, it shouldn’t be a problem accommodating longer legged riders. Additionally, droppers are starting to have shorter and shorter insertion lengths, which can make up somewhat for a short frame  insertion length. If this seller wants to sell the most amount  of frames, he should try to lower the seat tube length. As it is, it will deter buyers looking for a frame with modern geometry.

well the Ibis bikes don't have a shock running through the seat tube either.  have the seat post insertion lengths been posted yet?  I have a 180mm dropper on LCFS947 and I have 90mm of the non-dropper post sticking out of the frame.  Not once have I thought that I needed a longer dropper.  I am guessing they had to go with the choices they did because of the shock placement and needing to have a specific amount of insertion length. 

Also trends change, wait a few years and this may be the new "in" frame design.   ;) 

jefflinde

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2024, 08:07:49 PM »
went and found the geo chart from when I ordered.  looks like seat post insertion are as follows 17" (200mm) and 19" (220mm).  stand over looks to be 17" (774mm) and 19" (791mm).  that is about 14mm more that the LCFS947.  this frame has 50mm more insertion length than the 947 as well.  I would actually be able to get a longer dropper in the new frame vs my old frame for only 14mm more stand over.  currently I am at the max (10mm less) insertion length to get the seat where I need it.  this seems like a win to me.

alexhell

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2024, 08:00:40 AM »
Have anybody built a bike from this frame? i have ordered a frame but looking at the levrage ratio rising at the end it seems like air shock is the best here.

jefflinde

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2024, 04:04:59 PM »
I received the size medium that I ordered.  Frame built up just fine. Only issue was the original shock we bought was the SR Suntour Triair 2 with the sideways piggy back and the frame was about 5mm too narrow.  Switched to the voro coil as the original triair is no longer available.  One bummer was that all the drawings had a ISCG-05 mount shown but the frame I received did not.  I asked and was told that production frames don't have it.  Went with a crank based bash guard instead.   

alexhell

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2024, 02:12:42 PM »

oh okay, i will go for the super delux coil. Do you have any pictures? i saw a geo chart with stack arund 603mm and it seems really low. and chainstays at 440mm

alexhell

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2024, 03:56:37 PM »
I received the size medium that I ordered.  Frame built up just fine. Only issue was the original shock we bought was the SR Suntour Triair 2 with the sideways piggy back and the frame was about 5mm too narrow.  Switched to the voro coil as the original triair is no longer available.  One bummer was that all the drawings had a ISCG-05 mount shown but the frame I received did not.  I asked and was told that production frames don't have it.  Went with a crank based bash guard instead.

do you have any pictures? how do you find the stackhight?