Author Topic: Chinese cycling clothes  (Read 37458 times)

Jarne

Chinese cycling clothes
« on: January 12, 2021, 06:57:48 AM »
Hi

Do some of you use cycling clothes or shoes from aliexpress? I would probably buy shoes, shirts, and bibs if they are decent quality. I really think 100€ for a cycling jersey is to much. If anyone has some tips for good stuff, please post them below

carbonazza

Re: Chinese cycling clothes
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 11:14:51 AM »
I wear these Spexcel jerseys: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32855060942.html
After two years, the colors are fading, but if I can't find anything better, I'll buy another set for this year.
These are great quality, the shipping is very long unfortunately.
And their bibs are so so.

For the winter, this jacket is great for its price:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32929006067.html

For the Chinese bibs(and socks), I tried some from montonsport.com, the ones at $80-90

theirishrider

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 11:25:12 AM »
Everything I have is spexcel!

The jerseys are great, the proteam bibs are really nice, I've got long ones too. The Gilets are good too. Can't beat the price. The Jerseys are at least as good as my Mavic ones. 

Schumo

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 12:10:41 PM »
+1 for Spexcel

Rion is absolutely on par with them, and has some warehouses in the EU.
Giyo makes great gloves and shoe covers.

I think Santic is on the same quality level with Rion and Spexcel, but I don't own anything from them (yet).

Racmmer is on the normal, lower quality level of AliExpress, but they have really nice colorful jerseys.

No experience with Darevie yet, but they don't look too bad either.

Jarne

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 01:51:07 PM »
Thx for the tips, what shoes do you wear? Or are these from the trusted brands way better?

Schumo

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 02:44:34 PM »
I ride the Van Rysel RR 900 from Decathlon.
Biggest reason I went with locally bought shoes was that I didn't want to wait.  ;D

And I think the offering back then wasn't really good, I remember ChinaCycling saying that he would buy chinese cycling if they wouldn't all look like crap.
This shoe which is all over AliExpress for ~30€ looks quite okay, and I think it was released in the late summer of 2020.

On the other hand, tight cycling shoes are a different story to fit than somewhat stretchy clothes.

tripleDot

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2021, 07:50:35 PM »
I love my Santic, got a couple of bib shorts, a pair of 3/4 padded pants, a pair of baggy shorts and a packable rain jacket from them.

Spakct & Weimostar are also pretty good quality.
Pic below is a Weimostar jersey I own. PhP440 sale price is equivalent to about US$8.60-9.00 (depending on exchange rate). I got it from Lazada, like Ali-Express but handled by a local firm.

Just be aware Chinese clothing usually runs small, so go one or two sizes bigger.
July 2020 - Custom Waltly Ti 29er
Nov 2018 - Custom Waltly Ti Gravel
Apr 2018 - CS-496 29x3.0 - stripped
Feb 2018 - CS-RB01 (SS Road)
Sep 2016 - CS-RB01 (road sold)
Jun 2016 - Chinese CF XC - stripped
Mar 2016 - Haro Projekt (sold)
Feb 2008 - Jamis Durango 29 (sold)
Mar 2001 - Scott Scale (sold)

carbonazza

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 02:42:46 AM »
...Just be aware Chinese clothing usually runs small, so go one or two sizes bigger.

Spexcel is the same size as the European sizes.
Look at the comments, many people put their height/weight and if they are happy or not, and you can see the size they ordered.

carbonazza

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2021, 02:47:09 AM »
+1 for Spexcel

Rion is absolutely on par with them, and has some warehouses in the EU.
Giyo makes great gloves and shoe covers.

I think Santic is on the same quality level with Rion and Spexcel, but I don't own anything from them (yet).

Racmmer is on the normal, lower quality level of AliExpress, but they have really nice colorful jerseys.

No experience with Darevie yet, but they don't look too bad either.

I tried Santic, but wasn't convinced. Poor fit and models.
They sponsor or did sponsor Wanty-Gobert world tour team.
So they must have some good things.

Matt_C

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2021, 04:51:42 AM »
This is the best piece of clothing I have had from china, the sleeves are really nice. looks and feels like high quality:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32820258552.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.36664c4ddT2pL5

These bib shorts are my favourite from the ones I have tried. good padding, no branding and nice grip on the legs:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32919789025.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.36664c4ddT2pL5

Size is the most important part and in my experience can be a gamble. As Others have mentioned some brands use EU sizing and some use Chinese sizing, using other reviewers to gauge the sizing is great advice.

bremerradkurier

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2021, 12:21:41 PM »
These Bont copy shoes have been pretty good so far-weight is about 250 grams each in 42.5 including insole, the thermomolding seems to actually work, but the uppers could use some work; ventilation is so so while simultaneous soaking through very quickly in the rain.  They do dry fairly quickly when they get wet.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000274457092.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dDUmCED

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2021, 03:26:46 PM »
Ordered a Spexcel jacket. Will post a review once I get it.

In2Fastbikes

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2021, 03:38:21 AM »
At the moment using the Santic jerseys, shoe warmers and bib-shorts. All pretty decent and have used the jerseys for a year now, no problems. The jersey fit is snug so just check with their sizing tables before buying. The shoe warmers could be a better fit, I think the range of shoe sizes covered by each model is too large. santicshop.com
Scott

Nicoloc

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2021, 04:36:47 PM »
Hi all
On my side, I'm wearing racmer for winter jersey and bibs.
I'm trying Xtiger bibs and they are not bad .
Else I've tried weilmo as I like the stupid graphics proposed  ;D

Yunglord

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2021, 11:58:07 PM »
I have the cheap bibs from Santic and Spexcel!

I'd say the Spexcel bibs are much better than the Santic not only in terms of padding but overall fit!

I also have some Pearl Izumi bibs and they compare decently to them!

I have a jersey from Racmmer from his pro fit line and it's decent for the price I can't complain!