Author Topic: Chinese cycling clothes  (Read 37424 times)

carbonazza

Re: Chinese cycling clothes
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2021, 03:34:41 AM »
I'm personally not a big fan of tight cycling shirts, I'm usually on long sleeves shirts, like this Columbia or The North Face shirts (see picture). But these are kinda expensive. I wonder if anyone here knows some cheap Chinese alternatives.

But...but... Flappy clothes is the worst you can do for your aero performances ;)

tripleDot

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2021, 10:06:41 AM »
But...but... Flappy clothes is the worst you can do for your aero performances ;)

I'm the "It's okay not to race." kind of guy.   ;)
July 2020 - Custom Waltly Ti 29er
Nov 2018 - Custom Waltly Ti Gravel
Apr 2018 - CS-496 29x3.0 - stripped
Feb 2018 - CS-RB01 (SS Road)
Sep 2016 - CS-RB01 (road sold)
Jun 2016 - Chinese CF XC - stripped
Mar 2016 - Haro Projekt (sold)
Feb 2008 - Jamis Durango 29 (sold)
Mar 2001 - Scott Scale (sold)

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2021, 10:30:38 AM »
I'm personally not a big fan of tight cycling shirts, I'm usually on long sleeves shirts, like this Columbia or The North Face shirts (see picture). But these are kinda expensive. I wonder if anyone here knows some cheap Chinese alternatives.
Check out Costco.com. They usually have a good selection of tees, polos and button ups in techy fabrics. Prices will be hard to beat even from China and you can easily return what you don't like.

Zoc

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2021, 11:47:38 AM »
today recieved the rion Jersey
qualitativ looks realy good
sie XL fits perfekt,  pnly arms Arena a bit tight

Jeroen

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2021, 02:19:37 AM »
I own a couple of shirts from bicyclebooth. At first glance, the company looks Canadian, however shipments are directly from China and they're also not making a big secret out of that.
They've got some radical designs and could be a choice if you want something different.
As most of the times with Chinese fabrics: a bit stiffer and a more plastic feel compared to established brands.
Short sleeve shirts from bicyclebooth I find good value for money. Long sleeves are a bit tight on the arms but still ok. I wouldn't buy a bib from them.

Zoc

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2021, 06:28:28 AM »
some designs remind me of racmmer on aliexpress,
still looking for some good MTB shorts like ion paze
https://www.amazon.de/Ion-Paze-Fahrrad-Short-schwarz/dp/B075GP6YZ9

Schumo

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2021, 11:52:46 AM »
@Zoc
I feel like MTB clothes on AliX are limited to fake Fox Jerseys and a single kind of shorts. I really wish there were some original good quality chinese MTB clothes.

Yesterday and today my first "quality" chinese Jerseys arrived. I went with Spexcel and YKyWBike. I love Rions bibs, but their Jerseys are a bit to plain for me.
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005002086622255.html
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/33027734282.html
I'm 1.74m tall and weigh about 82kg, I have a bit more muscular upper body, so I went with size L on both, and the both fit perfect.
Shipping was two weeks to Germany. My first impression is that they're both well made. The seams look good and don't make noises when you put them on.
The Spexcel Jersey is made with 3 different fabrics ("normal" fabric on the front and the back pockets, something more breathable on the sides, and the striped "aero?" fabric on the rest), while the YKyWBike is just some fine-mesh fabric.
The Spexcel has also a slightly "cooler" feel to the fabric.
The YKyWBike has a backpocket with a zipper, the Spexcel doesn't. Doesn't fit my phone.  ;D

Downsides on both Jerseys are the chemical smell, which should be gone after the first wash, and the length of the sleeves. They're about 1/2 long, I like 1/4 better.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 12:43:38 PM by Schumo »

Zomb1e

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2022, 05:24:18 AM »
Can someone recommend mtb short pants (not road/xc bibs) that will not be too loose? All what I see on Ali seems to be quite different in fit on buyers photos compared to sellers ones.

saintrider

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2022, 01:50:56 PM »
+1 Spexcel (Bib Shorts Great, Jerseys Great, Bib-Tights Thermal Winter Awesome, Winter LongSleeve thermal Jersey|Jacket Great, Gilet Great)
+1 Darevie (Bib Shorts)
+1 Cheji Jerseys (summer)

00Garza

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2022, 06:50:01 PM »
I'm a fan of Spexcel and LuBi. LuBi bibs did run a little small but they had a nice side pocket.

Don't think I've ever seen good mtb clothing on Aliexpress to be honest. But I'm an XC bro so the spandex is ok for me.

1Sigma

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2022, 09:59:07 PM »
Anyone want to weigh in on which ones have the best chamois padding?

So far I've only bought cycling clothes twice on AliX (excluding shoe covers)
One was fake Strava kit, which was ok for what it was. The chamois was not the densest though, which becomes apparent on long rides.

I got a pair of Tiger-X thermals. The chamois on these rivalled a pair of Pearl Izumi shorts I own - perhaps better. Hard to try tell, as I am comparing new TigerX against well-used Pearl Izumi.

All in all though, if the ride is under 2-3 hours, any chamois will do for me.  But after that 3 hour mark, that saddle soreness starts kicking in on thinner chamois.

Anyone know of any dense chamois, good for long rides?
Better than average - Extra Average

kubabike

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2022, 12:59:01 PM »
Darevie bibs with cyclamen coloured pad is my favourite bibs among others. Great fit, long to the knee, padding up to 150 km is comfortable. Definately I will buy again.

I'm courious of ykywwbike jerseys. They look interesting.

Zomb1e

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2022, 02:35:59 AM »
Don't think I've ever seen good mtb clothing on Aliexpress to be honest.
This confirms my observations

But I'm an XC bro so the spandex is ok for me.
I'm an XC bro also, but now just want to find some more appropriate apparel for trailriding and bike park days. Spandex/lycra with knee pads looks at least strange :)

hahel

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2022, 02:00:47 PM »
Darevie bibs with cyclamen coloured pad is my favourite bibs among others. Great fit, long to the knee, padding up to 150 km is comfortable. Definately I will buy again.

I'm courious of ykywwbike jerseys. They look interesting.

After riding in a few years in spexcel jerseys where the zippers started to fail i orderd a bunch of ykywwbike summer jerseys as i wanted coloured through fabrics. I didn't get to many rides in them before the outdoor season were over.
Sizing were equal to spexcel, fabric is thin summer quality, sewing looks OK and and they use what looks like sturdier zipper.

Considering the price i'm pleased, time will tell how they hold up  :)

/Hakan

carbonazza

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2022, 09:36:38 AM »
...After riding in a few years in spexcel jerseys where the zippers started to fail...
They changed the zipper, and have a better one now.
I found it less appealing at first as it is more visible, but it is sturdier than before.