Author Topic: Velobuild VB-R-168 Frame  (Read 195661 times)

Zoc

Re: Velobuild VB-R-186
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2021, 01:54:05 AM »
In Austria it took only two days for custom

Building goes forward,
only brakes are missing, looks really great and everything works fine till now

Colour is amazing

Zoc

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2021, 06:12:13 AM »
Hi, how do you lead the cables from the fork and rear brake through the Headset?

the cable from the front brake comes out of the fork on the right side and has to go to the left side,
if i lead the rearbrake on the left side of the fork it scratches when i turn the handlebar

any idea or picture how it works best?

thanks a  for an help

added a picture which i think should work best
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 06:27:45 AM by Zoc »

Zoc

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2021, 07:17:32 AM »
the thru axle is Torx 40 which i find not very practically,
especially on tour i don't have iht with me,

but easy to change :)

carbonazza

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2021, 08:42:24 AM »
the thru axle is Torx 40 which i find not very practically,
especially on tour i don't have iht with me,

but easy to change :)

Are you sure it isn't a Torx30 ?
I've got one too, and hope it doesn't become a trend in axle standards...
If lost in the middle of nowhere a Hex6 will do the job, with care  ???

FHS

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2021, 09:08:09 AM »
Hi, how do you lead the cables from the fork and rear brake through the Headset?

the cable from the front brake comes out of the fork on the right side and has to go to the left side,
if i lead the rearbrake on the left side of the fork it scratches when i turn the handlebar

thanks a  for an help

Is that Token's Cable Box headset?

hazzer19

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2021, 12:07:22 AM »

thanks a  for an help

Any luck with with? Sorry no suggestions from my side, haven't started working on my build yet

wijmaar

Re: Velobuild VB-R-168 Frame
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2021, 09:03:43 AM »
As I am still waiting for my VB-R-168 to arrive I cannot share any suggestions on the cable routing. I am however very curious to see some more pictures of the frame and the paint quality. Anybody able to share some? Would be greatly appreciated :).

Furthermore I am also looking to use a SRAM Force eTap group, but nowhere to be found. I have one in backorder with R2 bike, expected delivery on July 30th :(. Never expected that the longest lead-time would be for the group in stead of the frame and wheels that I ordered in China :D.

Anywhere where we could follow your builds of the bikes?

Thanks!

Jan
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 09:08:15 AM by wijmaar »

Zoc

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2021, 04:37:32 PM »
finished the Bild today
everything fits perfekt, quality of the Painting is top

used a sram force Etap Got it  from  my local bike dealer,  1 month delivery shorter than  the frame
torx for the axle is 40 sorry for the confusion,

hope i  can fo for a first ride tomorrow
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 04:42:40 PM by Zoc »

Zdrenka89

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2021, 01:09:00 AM »
finished the Bild today

used a sram force Etap Got it  from  my local bike dealer,  1 month delivery shorter than  the frame

For such a bloody lovely bike it deserves a drive side picture in the sunshine (and maybe some road pedals) :D

Congrats!

shlarby

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2021, 03:30:48 AM »
finished the Bild today

Nice build! I've got my R-168 yesterday, and I'm planing to build it the same way, but I can't get a SRAM Force groupset at the moment.

What's the weight of the hole bike?

vasnd

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2021, 05:11:22 AM »
I'm in the process of buying a frameset VB-R-168. Still some questions need to be answered before I can pull the trigger though.

Chris isn't very clear on the possibility of a different handlebar setup. My wife needs a 70mm stem so all Velobuild options are out. I've been eyeing the Canyon H31 ergocockpit (70mm/380mm). Difference in numbers which worries me are 1-1/2' headset spec on Velobuild site and 1-1/4' fork shaft diameter on the Canyon part.
If this won't be a match, does anyone know which integrated handlebar (or seperate stem/bar system) would actually fit properly?

poyo

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2021, 07:24:47 AM »
I'm in the process of buying a frameset VB-R-168. Still some questions need to be answered before I can pull the trigger though.

Chris isn't very clear on the possibility of a different handlebar setup. My wife needs a 70mm stem so all Velobuild options are out. I've been eyeing the Canyon H31 ergocockpit (70mm/380mm). Difference in numbers which worries me are 1-1/2' headset spec on Velobuild site and 1-1/4' fork shaft diameter on the Canyon part.
If this won't be a match, does anyone know which integrated handlebar (or seperate stem/bar system) would actually fit properly?

Theoretically, you could take a FSA NS ACR stem and matching FSA ACR handlebars,
then you have a normal stem handlebar combo.

https://www.bike24.com/p2367619.html

https://www.bike24.com/p2422380.html
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 07:26:58 AM by poyo »

Zoc

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2021, 08:58:34 AM »
i realy love the handlebar from velobuild,

what about taking a smaller frame and a 90mm stem,
depending on the stack/ arm length of your wife this could fit

vasnd

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2021, 09:13:02 AM »
Theoretically, you could take a FSA NS ACR stem and matching FSA ACR handlebars,
then you have a normal stem handlebar combo.

https://www.bike24.com/p2367619.html

https://www.bike24.com/p2422380.html

Thanks for the suggestion, this would be perfect. I'm mainly concerned about the headset/adapterspacer interface.. Youtube montage tutorial shows Velobuild uses a plastic (half)ring for compression after the bearings with little pins which, looking around, seem to be a proprietary system. For the ACR combo I'll have to change the headset or am I wrong there?

i realy love the handlebar from velobuild,

what about taking a smaller frame and a 90mm stem,
depending on the stack/ arm length of your wife this could fit
Of course this would be my first solution, it looks great and I hear good things about it. But she is tiny. Smallest frame (size 49) and 70mm stem length is perfect in terms of stack and reach. Next problem was almost all integrated cockpits are a minimum of 80mm.

Zoc

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2021, 09:23:39 AM »
I'm sure you thought about moving the saddle to the front with the 80mm?

i have an ergon saddle with approximately 3cm space, that would be enough to compensate, maybe not so good for her knees
in combination with moving the cleats on the shoes i'm sure you get 10mm out