Author Topic: Chinese Carbon Cyclocross  (Read 7270 times)

PHeller

Chinese Carbon Cyclocross
« on: October 07, 2014, 10:20:28 AM »
Can we use thread to share info on the chinese carbon cyclocross framesets?

Knowledge base topics:

Prices:
FM058 - $550 shipped

Weights:

Threaded BB or Pressfit?

Disc or canti?

Max tire sizes?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 10:35:43 AM by PHeller »

davidriddel

Re: Chinese Carbon Cyclocross
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 11:47:03 PM »
Just ordered my first Chiner Cyclocross frame. A 48cm from Yoeleo ( frame YCMCSF1 ) for my daughter to use on road and gravel trail--and perhaps a little actual cyclocross racing here in Canberra, Oz. It'll be my fourth carbon frame from Yoeleo...

I'll post pictures and detail of the build..

Cheers

Dave
N+2 change my Al CX to C
Also - Yoeleo 650B Dually YCMSF10 and Cyclocross for daughter
Progressively changing all family bikes to carbon-my effort to sequester China's carbon for climate change

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 08:12:46 PM »
Hey guys,

We'd be more than happy to add a cyclocross board to the forum. I actually wouldn't mind having one myself, so I'm all for seeing some cyclocross builds.

Edit: Okay, done.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 08:20:26 PM by Sitar_Ned »

Jayrod1980

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 02:36:33 AM »
I've been thinking of a cyclocross bike for commuting and riding on the roads of Vegas. I've tricked out my Trek Superfly to the point now that with all the wrench work, I could have built a much nicer and cheaper Chiner than what I have, but still love my bike. Anyway David, can you please post yours once built? I've got a Sram x1 drive train and love the idea of a wide range 1x11 or 2x11. I'm not as experienced with road stuff. Do cyclocross bikes use road drive trains, or MTB? I understand SRAM has the same spacing on their sprockets for MTB and road. Did you end up getting the frame with chain stay brake mounts?

As a side note, may not be many cyclocross venues in Canberra, but I loved the month I stayed there. Beautiful weather in March, got to see a bit of the city, watched a great Brumbies match, etc. I loved that unlike Washington DC, it's not ultra congested. Getting to "walk" on Parliament was pretty sweet too!

davidriddel

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 09:41:47 AM »
G'day Jayrod1980,

Cyclocross will use a drivetrain based on road--perhaps with a different gearing. I sold my road bike, and only use the cyclocross now because of its versatility on road, gravel, and a little bit of single track. For my weight, I like the insurance of the disc brakes, plus the extra confidence in corners (33mm knobby tyres).

Tonight I completed my first Chiner cyclocross build  (a 49cm frame for my daughter) using Shimano 105 throughout, replacing the rim brakes with Shimano CX77 cable discs.

And, for those wondering about the "walk on Parliament" comment -- it's covered in grass.  Here's a photo of Parliament House, Canberra -- with my Al cyclocross...
N+2 change my Al CX to C
Also - Yoeleo 650B Dually YCMSF10 and Cyclocross for daughter
Progressively changing all family bikes to carbon-my effort to sequester China's carbon for climate change