Author Topic: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy (A) Thread!  (Read 126413 times)

Mumblejack

Re: The shiney new AM831 Group Buy thread!
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2021, 02:17:33 PM »
I guess confusion and uncertainty is just part of the process when ordering over seas.

Who is the manufacturer going to be? I thought it sounded like Miracle but since we are emailing Eddy I guess that means its Haideli now? I also made the mistake of thinking the thread starter and Eddy were the same person but thats not the case. It also seems like there are 3 or 4 people contributing details and they don't all match, as well as some of the original statements no longer being accurate, at least from what I can tell. It would be nice to have an updated post with current and accurate info since we are to the point of sending people money. It seems like everyone has questions and are either getting them answered individually in email or going forward on faith.

Some clarity is probably needed for the sake of the cautious if we are going to get to 50 frames...

I just think it's sketchy that someone that didn't reply but like 3 times in a year all of the sudden has the frames ready when we decide to go with another seller. Seems sketchy to me.

scourge

« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2021, 03:12:46 PM »
PMs out are now at Bruve Bikes on page 22

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2021, 03:45:16 PM »
I just think it's sketchy that someone that didn't reply but like 3 times in a year all of the sudden has the frames ready when we decide to go with another seller. Seems sketchy to me.
Nothing sketchy at all. He is replying now because frames are scheduled for production.  Miracle, Haideli and everyone else selling this frame most likely get them from the same factory. They were all waiting just like we are.

scourge

« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2021, 04:30:07 PM »
I'm now to zilcho on page 26. I apologise if some of you are getting more than one message. I'm trying to just hit people who say they are in, but some people have reiterated their initial wanting in later in the thresd., And may get a duplicate PM.

GuitsBoy

« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2021, 04:30:38 PM »
Hi all, scourge sent me a PM directing me towards this thread.

When do you need to know by?  I'm interested, but it a touchy situation where its difficult to justify buying a 9th or 10th bike, and even a simple frame swap necessitates a new shock at least.  Still, seems like a really great deal, and one that's hard to pass up.  When would you need a commitment by?

Do I have my facts straight, more or less?
 - Purchasing from Eddy with Haideli bikes?
 - Paint is a $20 add on?  Which colors are available, any from the first group purchase thread?
 - $250+20 for paint USD due soon, then $250+shipping due in 2 months after production? (or 270+270 for under 50 qty)
 - Typical shipping to the US runs somewhere around 100 USD?
 - Shipped directly to the individual buyer, and under 800 USD, so no import duty tax?

Thanks guys...

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2021, 05:23:33 PM »
Hi all, scourge sent me a PM directing me towards this thread.

When do you need to know by?  I'm interested, but it a touchy situation where its difficult to justify buying a 9th or 10th bike, and even a simple frame swap necessitates a new shock at least.  Still, seems like a really great deal, and one that's hard to pass up.  When would you need a commitment by?

Do I have my facts straight, more or less?
 - Purchasing from Eddy with Haideli bikes?
 - Paint is a $20 add on?  Which colors are available, any from the first group purchase thread?
 - $250+20 for paint USD due soon, then $250+shipping due in 2 months after production? (or 270+270 for under 50 qty)
 - Typical shipping to the US runs somewhere around 100 USD?
 - Shipped directly to the individual buyer, and under 800 USD, so no import duty tax?

Thanks guys...
Only thing you got wrong is it's paid in full. You can order the colors from the original GB thread or talk to Eddy if you want something different. He seems to be able to come up with whatever color you might want.

scourge

« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2021, 06:03:49 PM »
Alright I got PMs to everyone in the old group buy thread that expressed interest. I have not gone through the  regular AM831 thread. Don't think I'll have time for that. But the one thread is done.

Also what time do you guys usually communicate with Eddie? I emailed him this morning US time, and no reply yet.

scourge

« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2021, 06:16:00 PM »
Tideace is Haideli, correct? Or am I wrong about that? Because I am seeing some great colors on Tideace frames on eBay. Are these available for our group buy?

I'm seeing a chameleon purple (not the chameleon green), a metallic orange, a lighter metallic gold that looks slightly orange, baby blue, a different baby blue they call Celeste, etc.

Are these available? Or are some of these the colors on the original swatches and I just can't tell?

xbangu

« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2021, 07:18:08 PM »
a bit lost on how to order: do I order through this below link?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/29er-Full-Suspension-Carbon-Bike-Frame_1600177694157.html?spm=a2706.im-chat.0.0.491c1f8dEhmJfm

and as for $500 or $540, let's say we hit more than 50 order, is Eddy? going to refund the different?

Thanks,
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 07:35:11 PM by xbangu »

scourge

« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2021, 07:24:47 PM »
Don't use that link. People are emailing Eddie directly to place orders. I'm still a little confused on the pricing too.

xbangu

« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2021, 07:29:35 PM »
I'm still very slow here..... what's Eddy email?

thanks
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 07:37:30 PM by xbangu »

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2021, 07:46:02 PM »
Tideace is Haideli, correct? Or am I wrong about that? Because I am seeing some great colors on Tideace frames on eBay. Are these available for our group buy?

I'm seeing a chameleon purple (not the chameleon green), a metallic orange, a lighter metallic gold that looks slightly orange, baby blue, a different baby blue they call Celeste, etc.

Are these available? Or are some of these the colors on the original swatches and I just can't tell?
There is some relationship there. Not sure if it's ever been confirmed exactly what their relationship is.

Eddy uses Tideace frames to reference colors. My assumption is he can get the frame painted any color you see on a Tideace frame.

Jotegr

« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2021, 08:30:25 PM »
Unless its something rather rare like marbleizing or crystal or particular pearls, simple chameleons, candies and other simple flake effects should all be fairly easily done. Ask eddy what's possible and you'll probably be OK.

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2021, 08:36:48 PM »
Our company is Haideli, Tideace is our brand name, we got our own brand "Tideace"  thanks.

And my email account is eddy@haidelibicycle.com

Thanks

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2021, 09:03:20 PM »
a bit lost on how to order: do I order through this below link?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/29er-Full-Suspension-Carbon-Bike-Frame_1600177694157.html?spm=a2706.im-chat.0.0.491c1f8dEhmJfm

and as for $500 or $540, let's say we hit more than 50 order, is Eddy? going to refund the different?

Thanks,
Eddy has 10 orders as of tonight. Doubt we'll hit 30, much less 50.

BTW, I went with moss green. Looking for something like BRG.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 09:08:35 PM by RobertRinAustin »