Author Topic: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy (A) Thread!  (Read 126405 times)

Jotegr

Re: The shiney new AM831 Group Buy thread!
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2021, 09:10:20 PM »
Do we have a timeline for when orders must be in by?

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2021, 09:39:03 PM »
Do we have a timeline for when orders must be in by?
Eddy says mid April

sunshinestate

« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2021, 02:40:46 AM »
Count me in for a XL size in Santa Cruz Highland Blue Pantone color code PMS 2153 c. Shipping to California.

What is included? Any suggestions for components for a good build with this frame?

How long for delivery? Is delivery included in price?

Confused

« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2021, 06:21:46 AM »
I received a PM that the buy is happening - thanks for pinging everyone on the list.  Can the original post on this thread get updated with Eddie's information? 

northup

« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2021, 07:32:07 AM »
Order confirmed with Eddy for 1 frame. Let's keep em going!

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2021, 09:29:09 AM »
Count me in for a XL size in Santa Cruz Highland Blue Pantone color code PMS 2153 c. Shipping to California.

What is included? Any suggestions for components for a good build with this frame?

How long for delivery? Is delivery included in price?

Included, clamp, bb and headset,  NOT INCLUDED RD HANGER but can be added for minimal cost.

Eddy estimated date to ship is end of May, shipping is not included.

I received a PM that the buy is happening - thanks for pinging everyone on the list.  Can the original post on this thread get updated with Eddie's information? 

Added Eddy's post that has his info and details about the GB to the second post in this thread.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 10:06:43 AM by RobertRinAustin »

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2021, 09:33:09 AM »
Just a reminder that the sizing is off on these, size L 831 is an XL SC HIGHTOWER. See the second post in this thread for more details.

Jotegr

« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2021, 11:38:28 AM »
Do they actually not come with a hanger lol? That would be incredibly moronic

jonnybearback

« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2021, 11:50:27 AM »
I asked Eddy about combined shipping, Pricing is $540 per bike, $120 per bike to ship to canada.

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2021, 01:39:20 PM »
Do they actually not come with a hanger lol? That would be incredibly moronic
I know, right, but definitely don't come with a hanger.

As an aside, Miracle only included the frame, nothing else. So I guess be happy we get a BB, headset and set clamp?

zilcho

« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2021, 08:38:24 PM »
I know, right, but definitely don't come with a hanger.

As an aside, Miracle only included the frame, nothing else. So I guess be happy we get a BB, headset and set clamp?

I don't see including a BB as a plus.  Assuming just a generic 24mm BSA?  A large part of the MTB community uses SRAM...give me a derailleur hanger, not a BB

GuitsBoy

« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2021, 05:21:09 AM »
I'm surprised it doesnt include a hanger, a necessary part to get the bike working.  Perhaps something is lost in translation, and it doesn't come with a second backup hanger?  I typically order a couple extra with the frame just in case.  Always better to have them on hand than  to be out of commission for a month.

As for the BB, it might be a generic PF92 style, probably 24mm like mentioned.  You can buy inexpensive spacers to bring one side down to 22, which will work with older sram cranks, but not the newer DUB cranks that have taken over as the sram standard.

Confused

« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2021, 07:21:42 AM »
Eddie verified - no custom colors for the group buy.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 07:10:17 AM by Confused »

Rod.GL

« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2021, 12:32:12 PM »
I received an email from scourge about the Group Buy (GB) happening -thank you.
-I am still in with 1: size small (Unsure about a second one in size medium).

I still have a couple of doubts though, especially regarding our chances to reach the lower price and who and how this is being controlled.
-Is the 30 or 50 frame GB considered as such regardless of the frame size ordered?
-Are all sizes ready to produce now? (I think that when the original thread was started the frame and only in one size was still in development)
-What is the price if the GB does not even reach 30 frames?
-How are the orders being bundled (and who is doing it) so that we know the lower price was reached? Is there any need to do this?
-Is Eddy taking orders until a cut-off date so that he can quote based on the number of orders that we were able to reach? Or is it that, by simply telling Eddy you are part of the GB allows you to access the prices he gave us, and trust Eddy will quote accordingly?
-Is there any promise from Eddy to respect the $499 price or refund any difference if the GB reaches 50 frames?
-For what I have read, some people have already placed orders at $540 (before shipping, custom colour, etc.). Did Eddy ask for a payment already or is he waiting until a cut-off date?
-How does it work regarding payment? Do we need to cover 100% upfront? Or is it a 50% (or any other %) payment to place your order and the remainder before the order is shipped?

I guess it sounds with all these questions that I am hesitant but not really, I think $540 is still a good deal. I just would like to know more details if possible before placing an order, or other’s experience so far.

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2021, 12:42:48 PM »
I received an email from scourge about the Group Buy (GB) happening -thank you.
-I am still in with 1: size small (Unsure about a second one in size medium).

I still have a couple of doubts though, especially regarding our chances to reach the lower price and who and how this is being controlled.
-Is the 30 or 50 frame GB considered as such regardless of the frame size ordered? We're getting the 30 minimum pricing, $540, even if we just order 10.
-Are all sizes ready to produce now? (I think that when the original thread was started the frame and only in one size was still in development) yes
-What is the price if the GB does not even reach 30 frames? $540
-How are the orders being bundled (and who is doing it) so that we know the lower price was reached? Is there any need to do this? No bundling, email Eddy
-Is Eddy taking orders until a cut-off date so that he can quote based on the number of orders that we were able to reach? Or is it that, by simply telling Eddy you are part of the GB allows you to access the prices he gave us, and trust Eddy will quote accordingly? Mid April for GB, email Eddy and tell him you're part of the GB
-Is there any promise from Eddy to respect the $499 price or refund any difference if the GB reaches 50 frames? We won't hit 50 frames
-For what I have read, some people have already placed orders at $540 (before shipping, custom colour, etc.). Did Eddy ask for a payment already or is he waiting until a cut-off date? I paid in full
-How does it work regarding payment? Do we need to cover 100% upfront? Or is it a 50% (or any other %) payment to place your order and the remainder before the order is shipped? Check with Eddy, I paid in full

I guess it sounds with all these questions that I am hesitant but not really, I think $540 is still a good deal. I just would like to know more details if possible before placing an order, or other’s experience so far.
See answers above