Author Topic: LCFS958 fork/rake recommendation ....oh and wheels  (Read 1747 times)

dolemike

LCFS958 fork/rake recommendation ....oh and wheels
« on: May 14, 2021, 04:00:09 PM »
Howdy,
 I am about to pull the trigger on an LCFS958. I am thinking about purchasing a Marzocchi Z2 130mm fork - would you all suggest 44 or 51mm offset?

I also have a question about wheels - are the lightcarbon wheels good? Looking at either a set with dt350s or dt240s. They are a decent bit cheaper than going with light bicycle or farsports. I have a set of farsports wheels on my road bike and have been very impressed.  Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

MtbNewbie

Re: LCFS958 fork/rake recommendation ....oh and wheels
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 11:01:04 AM »
I have a LCFS958 and run a Fox Rythm 34 150mm..51 offset.bike is good on the downhills!

Melkart

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 02:27:04 PM »
Hi dolemike, I also think about getting myself a LCFS958 but haven’t received any reply to my query on  their website yet. Are you in contact with any salesperson at Lightcarbon? It would be great if you can share some contact details. Thanks a lot!

ReverendRockRazor

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 05:38:23 PM »
Hi dolemike, I also think about getting myself a LCFS958 but haven’t received any reply to my query on  their website yet. Are you in contact with any salesperson at Lightcarbon? It would be great if you can share some contact details. Thanks a lot!
theres another company selling it now. http://www.yishunbike.com/fs958-new-full-suspension-trail-mountain-bike-frame_p13.html might try there.

dolemike

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2021, 12:28:28 AM »

I ordered the frame nearly 1 month ago. My contact is wendy@lightcarbon.com

StefanB

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2021, 01:16:31 AM »
Looking forward to see more images of the LCFS958 builds.  Its a bike i Love

Melkart

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2021, 03:41:59 PM »
Thanks a lot Dolemike, I finally got response from Wendy but I haven’t ordered yet. There is a quite a shortage of components within EU online shop so I’m holding the decision until I see good options to complete the build in a reasonable period of time.
Have you received your order yet? Please share your experience when building the bike!

Jfoo

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2021, 10:28:06 PM »
I am running a 130mm pike with 51 mm offset on my 958 and I am very happy with the handling.  I have a set of lightcarbon 350MB-AD933 wheels on my sons trail/enduro bike (LCFS713)  He is light but rides hard, uses the bike at our local bike park which is super rough and he has had no issues. 

michaeldepeza

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2021, 12:35:30 AM »
Hey Guys for some reason im unable to gain access to pg 12 on other LCFS958 Post...but this is how mine looks thus far.

Tried Car paint before but two weeks after it was still showing finger print impressions. So i stripped it and got me some Rustoleum.
This is how far along i am on build...i have cranks on the way,grips ect..just to order brakes,dropper post and wheels.

Melkart

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2021, 06:58:15 AM »
Hi Dolemike! Any update with your frame?