Author Topic: Any chiner frames that are fully integrated and sub 850g for the frame?  (Read 1172 times)

Nickk2000

Specialized tarmac for instance and the scott addict ultimate have frames that are sub 850, the addict being about 740 grams. I can buy an r01 ultralight and such but all them have outer cables.

Are there any frames that are fully integrated at around the 800g weight?

Matt_C

Bump for interest

Nickk2000

If it could be disc thatd be even better, i know its an oxymoron to have a lightweight disc bike  but i mean the aethos is disc.

adriaanm

My yoeleo r11 SL disc 54cm frame weighs 900g  painted + fd hanger + grommets. More details in my thread.

svanimpe

Yeah, the Yoeleo R11 is probably the lightest option. I believe that frame is made by Miracle (https://www.miraclecycling.com/road-bike-frame/), but I don't know if you can get the 2021 version from them.

Nickk2000

Yeah, it stinks being tall, easily add 200grams for a bigger frame for me.

Nickk2000

Nice build btw. To cut some weight id go with sub 1400 wheels hopefully (maybe run 38’s to 45’s?)

25mm tires (thatll probably shave 100-150 grams)
Maybe latex tubes if i dont run tubeless (shaves another 80)
I could buy a cassette from aliexpress that might shave another 20-40 grams

Also it being painted probably added another 50 grams.
So i save 520 grams give or take, so it goes to 7.8 but lets round it to 8 because id have to get a 59.
So we’re at 17 and change pounds. Only real weight loss is to go with duraace, other than that, 17.1 seems to be the lightest you can get! Which stinks because the sl7 with di2 is maybe 16 pounds?

adriaanm

Thanks. Before changing the wheels, you could lose weight as follows:
- dura-ace shifters: 200g
- dura-ace cranks: 100g
- dura-ace pedals: 50g

You’d already be at 8kg that way.

My wheels, ready to roll, weigh 3167g. Weight savings to be had:
- lighter wheels: 300g
- 28mm gp5000: 80g
- dura ace cassette: 100g

Who knows how much that would cost, but you’d be close to the weight weenie sl7s I’ve seen (at least those who list actual weight ready to ride, which is hard without pedals ;-))

carbonazza

...you’d be close to the weight weenie sl7s I’ve seen (at least those who list actual weight ready to ride, which is hard without pedals ;-))

What low weight did you see ?
Without hacks that may compromise the reliability of the bike  8)

Nickk2000

Well if youre not tall and you can fit on 56’s theres plenty of 850 frames, the yoeleo r11 as stated. The only downside is youd be forced to put a lightweight groupset on there lol

My farsports wheels are 1690g for the set i think. Which is a bit heavy and im seeing $500 ican wheels for 1450ish. So i may have made a mistake but you live and you learn

whatever

So the yoeleo x11 was mentioned twice already.
Since this one is not exactly one of low to mid priced frames, I'd be interested to hear more about about any other options you know of?

Nickk2000

Welcome to the club. If i can find one thats $800-$1100 id be blown away.

adriaanm

What low weight did you see ?
Without hacks that may compromise the reliability of the bike  8)
I was just listing components one could hypothetically replace in my build to lose weight, but I have no plans to do so (I was optimizing for cost, not weight). I'm very happy with the bike as it is at 8.5kg-ish. (Or even over 9kg, with a full water bottle ;-))