Author Topic: Chinese 650B FS frame with modern geometry?  (Read 1967 times)

Hdale85

Chinese 650B FS frame with modern geometry?
« on: June 22, 2021, 09:38:25 PM »
Is there a Chinese frame that has modern geometry that could compete with something like a commencal clash? I was originally going to just buy a complete bike but the ones I'd be interested in I'd have to wait a very long time for, so now I'm looking to build something. I was looking to get the Commencal Clash frame and then build up from there, but I was curious if there was any full suspension chinese frames that maybe were similar in geometry to the newer stuff that I could start with instead? I know the iCan P9 and P1 are talked about a bit but it seemed they were a bit older design? I'm looking for something with full suspension and decent travel to build a well rounded bike for trails and stuff around Ohio. If I can spend less on the frame it gives me a lot more budget for suspension and what not. The Commencal Clash frame is 1399.

piciu256

Re: Chinese 650B FS frame with modern geometry?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 01:44:26 AM »
Also interested, there are a couple good 29er options, but they all are too low to be effectively used with 27.5 wheels.

jonnybearback

Re: Chinese 650B FS frame with modern geometry?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 10:52:39 AM »
Top-fire FSM940 with 11mm bb drop and 435mm rear center looks entirely 27.5 suitable as a clash alternative. M930 also worth a look
Once available in small, I'll buy as a DH build for my tweenager

https://www.top-fire.com/29er-mtb-full-suspension-carbon-bike-frame-for-dh_p28.html