Author Topic: Warning Deckas cranks  (Read 681 times)

emu26

Warning Deckas cranks
« on: August 03, 2021, 02:20:53 AM »
Just want to give a warning for anyone using the 170mm Deckas  cranks. My 60kg boy did this to ones on his Transition Patrol when he over shot a big jump and landed to flat.   I can't fond an order for them on my Ali account so can't link them here or work exactly how long he has had them, I think they were sent in lieu of BDSnail branded ones on one of my orders.  Not overly concerned about "warranty" or anything like that because I know they have been well used but just wanted to put a warning out there for anyone else using them to keep an eye on them if you send it large or have a habit of landing to flat.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 02:22:46 AM by emu26 »

Nickk2000

Re: Warning Deckas cranks
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 08:19:01 PM »
that looks gnarly! some chinese spindles have actually snapped. i personally think you should go name brand for that. even shimano cranks sometimes get broken; best to have a warranty behind it. its good that it didnt fully snap which could have ended bad.

emu26

Re: Warning Deckas cranks
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 11:25:50 PM »
Yeah, I have a set of SX boost dubs on the way. Pretty sure I bought these when I built up his BXT M-036, light carbon hardtail xc bike so he felt more comfortable riding longer distances with me, now he is riding this

« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 11:29:22 PM by emu26 »