Author Topic: obmbicycle.com / Taiwan carbon factory store  (Read 4880 times)

paracord

obmbicycle.com / Taiwan carbon factory store
« on: August 10, 2021, 12:48:57 AM »
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/3899038?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000008.3.3f646cb1sY4xWS

https://www.obmbicycle.com/

Let´s talk about those 2. I have bought a F12 frame from obmbicycle. It started with a conversation on Aliexpress. Then we moved to whatsapp and ended up on obmbicycle.com
It should take 30-50 days to make the frame, it is day 38 today. They still communicate but the seller is sick, they have a typhoon in China and a flooded street so they can´t work. But I sent questions 3 weeks ago if it was 1 component color in the frame or 2 component. The answer has not been reeived yet.

Have you bought anything from them?

carbonazza

Re: obmbicycle.com / Taiwan carbon factory store
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 07:38:37 AM »
I love their Intellectual Rights page.

Nickk2000

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 10:32:52 AM »
I think this company makes knockoffs and i think they will be low quality. BUT ive seen bigger miracles performed so im about curious the end result for this. Feel free to keep it updated.

The intelectual rights not being there tells me either the company doesnt care and theyll shut the website down OR its a really new company who still needs to update the website OR they dont have someone checking the website. Even velobuild which is on the cheaper end has a pretty good website. Not to say velobuilds bad but compare it to dengfu, ican, winspace, etc.

paracord

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2021, 07:35:58 AM »
It has been produced and it must be mine since I ordered osium white with a special chameleon.
39 days between payment and picture.

Nickk2000

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 03:04:34 PM »
It looks really good! Lets hope its structurally sound though. Keep it posted.

paracord

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2021, 04:55:15 PM »
It looks really good! Lets hope its structurally sound though. Keep it posted.
What is a bad sound?

AT

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2021, 06:05:16 AM »
Hello, I also ordered a MTB hardtail frame from OBM in januari. They reply to emails fairly quick, but they never mention a delivery date. Only that they are working on it. Very anoying. I asked for a refund, but they don't respond to that. I'm beginning to think this is a scam company, but now I see pictures here of frames they are working on, maybe not. Never again, that's for sure.

Nickk2000

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2021, 03:38:02 PM »
Structurally sound as in no chips, carbon intact, etc.

paracord

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2021, 03:41:27 AM »
They also recommend DPD tax free as a shipping option. EMS was included with the frame but he really recommende DPD over EMS.

AT

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2021, 01:42:55 AM »
I asked for the cancellation of my order, and a refund. But they ignore my question. I ordered a Trifox frame now. Already have a fixed fork from them, they look more reliable.

paracord

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2021, 05:05:39 AM »
I asked for the cancellation of my order, and a refund. But they ignore my question. I ordered a Trifox frame now. Already have a fixed fork from them, they look more reliable.

Maybe they already started the production. I changed from free EMS to 130 USD DPD shipping instead.

Seller have shown a complete frame on picture and also the package. Shippingnumber have arrived from allbestbicycle@gmail.com

Shipment has not moved yet but it can be normal the first day or two.

Nickk2000

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2021, 03:09:45 PM »
Maybe they already started the production. I changed from free EMS to 130 USD DPD shipping instead.

Seller have shown a complete frame on picture and also the package. Shippingnumber have arrived from allbestbicycle@gmail.com

looks packaged just like my dengfu, everything seems normal except for the fact its a blatant replica/knockoff/counterfeit. My best guess is they probably had an engineer come and reverse engineer the name brand. One thing about the F and F12 is that they are incredibly light and aero. I think its like 700g and 850g for the F and F12? Theres no way in hell the company youre buying from can make it that light and still have it be structurally sound. If the frame comes in and weighs say 1000, or 1200g, id personally find that a little reassuring because it makes me think they actually used carbon.

As for the guy who asked for a refund, I forget who, but someone from china/chinese heritage said its common practice/culture to deflect a direct question or to change the topic, or not answer at all. You know, if you ask for a handlebar replacement under warranty, maybe nothing, but if you ask to pay for one, you get one. I'm completely spitballing and it's not meant to be rude but im curious what the culture for this is like.

defo keep this post updated.

paracord

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2021, 03:31:31 PM »
One thing about the F and F12 is that they are incredibly light and aero. I think its like 700g and 850g for the F and F12? Theres no way in hell the company youre buying from can make it that light and still have it be structurally sound. If the frame comes in and weighs say 1000, or 1200g, id personally find that a little reassuring because it makes me think they actually used carbon.

850 may be for an unpainted 50cm size. 595 frame weight is not specified what I can see.
F12 is not a light bike. I guess more than 8kg with Ultegra 8070 disc.
This F12 light comes in at 7,15kg with rim brakes and dura ace. (+230gram or so for paint)

Taiwan carbon factory store is the only store on Aliexpress I found that use T1100 in their F12 bikes instead of T1000. Whatever that will be in weight.

Another Aliexpress seller (High quality carbon frame store) showed me some weights.
Venge 56cm 1081 gram
SL7 52cm 809 gram
F12 50cm 1310 gram

paracord

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2021, 03:36:16 PM »
defo keep this post updated.

I may do a separate build thread.

AT

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2021, 01:25:35 AM »

Thank you, that gives confidence for sure. I don't know anything. Maybe I receive 2 framesets in the end, than I sell one. Trifox looks more reliable, and can deliver quick.