Author Topic: Flyxii Road Bike Framset FR-315 / FR-316 / FR-317 / FR-319 / FR-320 / FR-322  (Read 16117 times)

Flyxii

Flyxii Road Bike Framset
FR-315 / FR-316 / FR-317 / FR-319 / FR-320 / FR-322

MTB2223

Nice to have you on ChinerTown.
Do you have some geometry information of these frames? And pictures?

carbonazza

Hello Flyxii, thank you for coming here, do you plan to provide thru-axle endurance/road frames for disc brakes in the future?

KaratSP

I was not lucky to use the services of Flyxii.
Bought road racing frame FR-308, not painted. Order detained (some time waiting). I asked to give a spare replased hanger, as a gift (for waiting order) was not given.
Frame came in a terrible state. Workmanship from mediocre to very poor. But packed for shipment it was good.
By trade rules, if the frame does not like - you must send it back (to China) at their own expense and the seller decides how whether to satisfy the claim of the buyer.
I.e. you bought a frame for $ 420 waiting for about a month (pre order + shipping).
You have came shit (garbage).
You should spend your time on the dispute, spend from ~$70 to 150 for postage (shipping) to China + wait another from 2 weeks to a month. And then the seller some time thinking (such as examines) and somehow solves the problem .. can send a new frame and it's frame can not be of good quality. Not guaranteed good quality. (i mean not perfect / best - simple good)
So what are you going to do? - You've already spent about $500 or more + 2 months to wait.
It is necessary to curse such a service and wishes to go bankrupt this terribly not honest (not honorable) firm.
P.s. After ~100km stock fork - break. wall stock very thikness from 1,6 to 2,3mm in a zone (area) to be break. :(

I lost more than half summer without new bicycle. After long-long dispute seller refund little part of price this frame.
After 1 week friend on a our phorum came other frame (painted) from Flyxii. It's quality mediocre but on a frame present 2 cracks. -
On a youtube - more users with problems frames from Flyxii. :(

Blog with photos and video this frame FR308

+

+ = all liners caps are wrong.

+ - bottom BB area.

Hanger stay wrong
Seatpost is very difficult to insert a half and then get more difficult (only if a hammer hit the saddle)
Wheels stay not center between dropouts rear triangle and fork. wrong ~3-4mm from center.
My video about all bads and wrong areas.
- review bads elements Flyxii frame fr-308
- bad stock, thikness wall stock fork
- reviews - differences with new good china frame (like Pinarello) with this bad Flyxii frame (sorry russian, but i write base info on a engl. lang.)
- ep.2
- ep.3

KaratSP

More others sellers chinesse carbon frames deal better qualitty and more honorable service.
With Flyxii (x-goods) very poor lottery.

WARNING: Do not buy from Flyxii, Anna lies and deceives

On a Pinkbike phorum

drfragnasty

Happy Flyxii buyer here. Frame quality was outstanding; all bearing surfaces were true and no extra "fettling" needed.
Frame has seen 2000Km and makes no noises.

Would buy again without reservation.

Chris.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 04:31:35 AM by drfragnasty »

carbonazza

Did you buy the frame full price, or was it a bargain?
I don't defend them, but may be they are selling frames with quality issues at a low price. Thinking it is all right.

SportingGoods

I own 2 Flyxii mountain bikes (well, one from X-Goods, same owner), here is my point of view:
- Poor website. Slow, slow and slow. And slow.
- Poor communication. Not sure if that is due to the language barrier or limited technical skills. For sure, he would not reply appropriately to my technical questions.
- Best prices from all the Chiners. That's what got me :)
- Excellent shipping. Packaging is very robust. Took 10 days to be delivered in France. You can't beat that.
- Then quality is ... not great. Finishing is clearly not perfect. On one of the 2 frames the walls in the middle of the down tube are thin to the point you can flex them by pressing by hand. That make it a very light frame. It is OK with me, this frame is for my wife who does very gentle rides, on the road only, 30 km/h max :) It won't brake. The other frame is rock solid (but 200 g heavier), and I have abused it over engaged All Mountain trails, way beyond what normal people do (marathon races with 2400+ meters climb and as much down hill).

All that to say that even though I have had no issue (2 frames, 2 seatposts, 2 forks, 2 headsets) I would not recommend them for light road frames or anything that requires precision (wheels). Actually I was on the market for wheels and I went to CarbonSpeed that I trust a lot more.
I would probably do the same again and buy the frames from Flyxii. You can't beat the price. I love the geometry of my FR-202, I picked a big size so that it would get a long top tube to match with a short stem. Mounted with a 110 mm fork, the head angle is nicely slack.

But again, would I buy a delicate road bike frame from them? Absolutely not.

EDIT: one thing comes back to me (that's almost 2 years ago). Flyxii is not entirely honest. He uses multiple ebay accounts and rotates on them (I have watched him do that several times). Let me explain you the trick ;) You collect 100 good feedbacks, then 10 bad reviews come. Leave this account on standby over 12 month, use another one. 12 month later, the negative comments are gone but you still have 110 reviews, so as soon as you get 1 good review you have an account with 100% positive and a 111 count. I have seen flyxii do that on ebay, he rotates accounts to always be >95% positive and still have a large number of reviews.

EDIT again: I have just checked and it's easy to check. Flyxii's current ebay account is 88bike. He has 100% positive, almost 15000 total reviews. Impressive. But if you look closer, there is less then 100 reviews this year and there is actually negative comments, over a year ago. Scroll down this page and see by yourself http://feedback.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&userid=88bike&iid=361350054392&de=off&interval=0&items=200
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 08:53:54 AM by SportingGoods »

Carbon_Dude

Thanks for all the info on Flyxii.  When I first started shopping for a Chiner, I looked at Flyxii but did find several posts from dissatisfied customers so I moved on.  There were occasional customers that where very happy with their products but Flyxii just seems inconsistent in my book.

I was glad I purchased from Peter who was at Xmiplay at the time but is now at xmcarbonspeed.com.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 07:39:56 AM by Carbon_Dude »
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

Pack66

Just wanted to add one more address for Flyxii...it appears they are also using the eBay seller name "Bikemall", according to the following youtube review. The reviewer seems happy with his build, wonder if he's on here...