Author Topic: Aliexpress Disputes  (Read 601 times)

emu26

Aliexpress Disputes
« on: September 13, 2021, 01:05:29 AM »
Does anyone know how you can start an Aliexpress dispute before the delivery time has expired?

In pre-covid days it wasn't too bad because delivery windows where generally about 35 days, now they are over two months.  I have a seller that has provided me with two fake tracking numbers. Neither one has ever become active .  I contacted the seller and he said open a dispute, select return goods, "you don't have to return goods", and I will refund you immediately.  No hint asking me to be patient or anything else, like he was just waiting for me to ask because he knew the goods were not sent.

I have tried the dispute button and the default position is the system shows the goods have been sent because I have a tracking number so I have to wait for the delivery period.  Ava is useless for this and I can't find any actual contact button that gives you the option to talk to a human.

I don't want to take the sellers proposal because I fear that once I select "return goods" it is then very hard to argue I never received them, I also think that will negate the ability for me to select Open a dispute once the delivery window has expired.

Hundreds of orders and this is the first one that hasn't been sent.  The seller now has a rating less than 90% (it was well above 90% when I ordered) and several people are now complaining about goods not being sent or fake tracking numbers.

Thanks.

markchia

Re: Aliexpress Disputes
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 05:04:11 AM »
Maybe press confirm order received then start the dispute? Or try contacting AliExpress support

Snacks

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 07:32:24 AM »
Dont confirm the order received. Just click the open order, then click open dispute, and then refund only.

emu26

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 04:06:14 PM »
Dont confirm the order received. Just click the open order, then click open dispute, and then refund only.

and when you do all of that Aliexpress automatically checks the progress of the order and believes that the goods have been sent because a tracking number is provided and their automatic response is to be patient if it isn't there in the allotted time then you can open a dispute.  That's another 6 weeks away.

emu26

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 04:14:15 PM »
Maybe press confirm order received then start the dispute? Or try contacting AliExpress support

There is no way I can see to contact Aliexpress support. There is a help button but it doesn't take you anywhere you can actually talk to a human, only Ava or open a dispute. Ava is A I and of no help and I can't open a dispute for another 6 weeks.  The help > customer service option takes you to a page with generic questions. Asking a specific question gets you to pages of generic responses to other question their AI thinks are similar, again with no way to actually communicate with a human.   https://service.aliexpress.com/page/search?pageId=27&keyword=What%20to%20do%20when%20the%20seller%20provides%20fake%20tracking%20number&language=en

The problem is created because he has provided the fake tracking number. If there was no tracking number Ali would automatically cancel and refund if the dispatch time expired.

emu26

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2021, 04:28:51 PM »
Found it, when you open Eva, there is a box that beside the generic questions that says get help, clicking it allows you to ask a human a question.  Will take a screen shot once I have finished talking. So far it looks like I am communicating with a real person.

Edit: Nope, just a better refined Eva that doesn't respond when she doesn't understand.  :(
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 04:43:03 PM by emu26 »

Snacks

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 04:44:13 PM »
and when you do all of that Aliexpress automatically checks the progress of the order and believes that the goods have been sent because a tracking number is provided and their automatic response is to be patient if it isn't there in the allotted time then you can open a dispute.  That's another 6 weeks away.

That's never happened for me. I had this same thing happen in the past with a torque wrench. I just opened a dispute and selected refund without return , seller accepted it and I got my refund.