Author Topic: Trek Stache frame replacment.  (Read 2243 times)

Ritchiea2005

Trek Stache frame replacment.
« on: December 26, 2021, 02:54:54 PM »
Hi all new here thanks for adding me.  Basically im wondering if there is a frame available that i could use all the existing (or most of)  bits from my sons 29er+ Stache on.  Im based in the uk but dont mind shipping one in i anyone knows of a decent source.  I did find on on ebay that looked like it would do the job but was a 3 month lead time so thought id ask you guys.  Many thanks in advance Ritchie 

cybrsrce

Re: Trek Stache frame replacment.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 07:35:14 AM »
I have a Flyxii FE-711 that is pretty close in looks, geometry, and specs of a Stache 29+.  Actually bought it because I couldn't find a carbon Stache frame at the start of 2020.

I currently have it built with a set of boost Duroc 50s, alternate between 29x3.0 Maxxis DHF/DHRII and 29x3.0 Vittoria Cannoli, 130mm Rockshox Yari, and a full SLX 7100 groupset and brakes.  Pretty close to stock Trek kit and there is a ton of room in the rear for an even larger volume tire.  The headtube on the FE-711 is probably a bit longer, but other than that most should just transfer right over.

I tried to get a few other 29+ frames from from Aliexpress but they either weren't available or only in smaller sizes in stock from retired molds.  Flyxii quality can be questionable, if you do decide to get one make sure to inspect it thoroughly.

Ritchiea2005

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 03:40:50 PM »
Thanks i will look in to this see if there are any with reasonable deliver times to the uk.   

Tee-Dub

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 02:40:16 PM »
I have a Flyxii FE-711 that is pretty close in looks, geometry, and specs of a Stache 29+.  Actually bought it because I couldn't find a carbon Stache frame at the start of 2020.

I currently have it built with a set of boost Duroc 50s, alternate between 29x3.0 Maxxis DHF/DHRII and 29x3.0 Vittoria Cannoli, 130mm Rockshox Yari, and a full SLX 7100 groupset and brakes.  Pretty close to stock Trek kit and there is a ton of room in the rear for an even larger volume tire.  The headtube on the FE-711 is probably a bit longer, but other than that most should just transfer right over.

I tried to get a few other 29+ frames from from Aliexpress but they either weren't available or only in smaller sizes in stock from retired molds.  Flyxii quality can be questionable, if you do decide to get one make sure to inspect it thoroughly.

That is the exact same frame as the DIY one I just bought.  How did/did you deal with the right side rear dropout?  I saw a pic of someone's bike with what looked like a reversible insert with 12x1.5 thread, rather than the gaping open slot with two holes.  Let's see if this link works:

https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb21205964/p5pb21205964.jpg