Author Topic: Stripped the brake rotor bolt holes on a new Goldix hub!  (Read 1070 times)

SVChucko

Stripped the brake rotor bolt holes on a new Goldix hub!
« on: December 28, 2021, 03:20:49 AM »
I built up a wheelset from a pair of Goldix GDX 370 hubs a couple of months ago. I didn't have the bike frame to put them in, so they sat for a while.

Today I tried to install brake rotors for the first time on these hubs. I was PISSED when the very first bolt hole in the front hub stripped before I got to the spec'd 6.2 N-M torque!! I was even more pissed when a second bolt hole stripped.

I have a complaint in with the vendor. We'll see what happens. No matter what, though, I have to rebuild that wheel.

The rear rotor bolted on without incident, fortunately.

SVChucko

Re: Stripped the brake rotor bolt holes on a new Goldix hub!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 11:49:45 AM »
Goldix store asked for photos. I sent them.

The reply was "My friend, it was you who screwed the thread."

DO NOT BUY FROM GOLDIX.

Snacks

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 12:20:03 PM »
I actually got a crank set from them and had a much more positive experience. The threads on the non drive side arm were poorly machined and stripped out while I was out on a mild ride. They asked for photos and then promptly sent a replacement. Since then ive ordered a few parts from goldix now without issue. A couple sets of brakes , chain ring, and now those oilslick  dt swiss 350 clones . Although I'm still waiting on the hubs

SVChucko

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 12:35:01 PM »
Seems like threads stripping out is a common issue with Goldix. At least you got a replacement.