Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

Chinese forks

(1/4) > >>

Icyseanfitz:
Hey guys, I've decided to do a full Chinese build with a highball clone I got last year and haven't built up yet. Has anyone tried any 120/130mm Chinese forks (ztto, bolaney, himalo) that are anybit decent? Obviously im not expecting anything near fox or rockshox but I'm curious.

Have a set suntour raidons (€ 123,18  30%OFF | Suntour 2017 Raidon Fork 32mm 27.5 Wire-controlled 2018 RAIDON 34BOOST Fork 29 Shoulder-controlled tapered barrel shaft 15x110mm
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0mGDoY)  on Ali basket for good money which are probably the safer bet but I like trying weird parts

00Garza:
Wouldn't bother with chinese forks if I were you. There is a guy on youtube (Wolftick Videos) who does reviews on them. The Epixon/Raidons you find on Aliexpress or ebay are much safer bets.

FullCarbonAlchemist:
IMO suspension is one of the areas you should be most cautious about cutting corners.

A midrange Suntour is pretty much the best value out there. I’d make sure to get one of their spring backed IFP models (like the Auron or Durolux), but pretty much anything above the XC32 level is going to hugely outperform any of those generic forks and be much more reliable/safer out on the trail.

With a lot of those other forks, if you blow them out — and it’s a distinct possibility that you will — that’s pretty much all she wrote. The vast majority of LBSes can’t or won’t work on them.

tripleDot:
Of the 3 forks mentioned (Ztto, Bolany & Himalo), I've only seen Bolany locally. Lots of folks in the local scene have posted pictures & videos of Bolany breaking. Not crack or bent/dent but literally break into pieces. A couple were even on their maiden rides. And a lot of those aren't even aggressive riding.

Icyseanfitz:
Pity as the Chinese have decent alternatives to just about every other component, can't fathom that they haven't cracked a half decent fork.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version