Author Topic: Speeder SC-R48  (Read 27789 times)

Rone69

Re: Speeder SC-R48
« Reply #150 on: July 11, 2023, 02:18:25 PM »
So I've finally completed the build of the frame I bought from @trilobites

I'm switching from a Factor o2 2018 RB with 8050 Di2 and so far after a few hundred k's the main difference is the stiffness in between both frame's rear triangle has the o2 was much more lively and felt alive when climbing out of the saddle however it looks like the power delivery is a bit better on the speeder.

I will report back after a month or two on the bike for a clear review.

Speeder SC-R48D 490
Sram AXS Rival RD/Force FD/Rival Shifters
Ali Shimano 12 Speed 11/32 cassette & Chain
Shimano R8000 52/36 crankset
Speeder 45mm wheels with Chosen Hub - 1460G with Tape.
Prologo Dimension NDR Nack / Elita One Seatpost
Fasterway 380mm aero handlebars
Kalloy Uno 100mm
Favero Assioma

I look forward to reading your review.

Please, I'd like to know what is your saddle height? I'm in trouble about the size 490 vs 520. Thank you very much.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 10:55:04 PM by Rone69 »

Aesch

« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2023, 03:03:41 PM »
Any further experiences?

Yunglord

« Reply #152 on: September 18, 2023, 12:49:53 PM »
Any further experiences?

I've had about 1250KM on the bike since then and I'd say my opinion hasn't changed much this is a racing-worthy frame my only knick is the lack of compliance it's a very stiff bike.

Tines

« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2023, 10:56:44 AM »
I've had about 1250KM on the bike since then and I'd say my opinion hasn't changed much this is a racing-worthy frame my only knick is the lack of compliance it's a very stiff bike.
Yeah it’s quite hard.

Say, have you thought about exchanging the seat post ?

Yunglord

« Reply #154 on: October 01, 2023, 09:35:25 PM »
Yeah it’s quite hard.

Say, have you thought about exchanging the seat post ?

Currently running an Elita One carbon and I think it's quite flexible already but could try something else.

The quality of the pavement in my area is not that great so it amplifies the lack of compliance.

OS

« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2024, 09:10:20 AM »
SC-R48V

Size 520 (translates to a normal 54cm)

Gloss UD marble clear coat finish

Almost bought the frame in April last year but I think they had already sprayed up frames for a brand so were not able to provide the clear coat finish. Was very quick to accept the funds without confirming whether the finish was available, so maybe double check lead times etc before purchasing.

Went ahead with purchase in November as clear coat finish was available.

$775 frameset shipped to UK (frame hardware/x1 hanger but no headset)
Used Paypal 23/11/23, shipped 06/12/23, delivered 02/01/24

Very easy to build with cable guides already routed. Didn’t have a hambini approved way of measuring the bb but install was ok, didn’t drop in and didn’t require loads of force.

Headset seems area looked a bit dodgy. Not a lot of material where the headset meets the frame and looked very rough. Similar appearance to the gc performance review of the winspace agile but a lot less material. Front end built up fine though and no play and not requiring any bodges to get the headset to work.

Lots of clearance gp5000 28mm on 19mm internal rim width. Possibly get 32mm on same rims, probably 28 or 30mm if on 28mm external wide rims.

Frame was 850g inc. frame hardware/bolts. Fork 400g uncut, 360-370g cut to size
Built up to 7.2kg. most bits were pretty light. But wheels 1540g, 105 cassette, 200g saddle and powermeter/crank/chainrings 845g all added on the weight.

First ride was still getting the position sorted out and went from 38cm to 34cm bars so getting used to the handling as well. Have come from a Kinesis Aithein with 31.6 alloy post/25mm tyres on UK roads for the past seven years which is a very harsh/stiff setup but had no problems with over the years (raced briefly as cat 2 in UK). The speeder frame did feel nice and stiff, and going to 27.2 carbon post and 28mm tyres is certainly more comfortable. So no complaints regarding stiffness or too harsh a ride, 70kg and 65psi cyclemi tpu tubes was good for UK country roads. Probably could go 10 psi up or down from there.

Ended up sliding out at a roundabout nearing the end of my first ride which was around 60 miles. I think I dropped the bike against a lamp post after crashing and ended up cracking the top tube. Will be getting a quote from a carbon repair place to see if it is worth the repair. I will also get them to have a look at the headset area at the same time.