Author Topic: Wing & Carbonda  (Read 1699 times)

dan_cx

Wing & Carbonda
« on: March 25, 2022, 01:06:35 PM »
Taking the plunge into the world of Chinese carbon was interesting, to say the least. After much due diligence, I settled on the L FM936 & M FM1001 from Carbonda. I submitted my inquiry and Wing was quick to respond with pricing & general information as to how to conduct the transaction. Communication was superb throughout - including some potential "I might add 3rd, and 4th frame to the order" conversations - and I generally had a reply within 48-72 hours, if not sooner.

Frames arrived well packed, and without any issues, shipping holds, etc. Upon inspecting the frames I found the FM1001 was a L, not the M that was ordered - an easy enough mix-up when pulling orders from the inventory, so I'm not pointing blame/fault at anyone, these things happen.

I contacted Wing, who requested a few photos of the serial number and the small info tag on the inside of the headtube and corrected the mix-up almost immediately. A new M frame is being shipped out, and the L I currently have is repacked, and awaiting shipping tags. Wing said they would send me the tags, to ship to another US-based customer, as soon as they were ready.

As someone who's worked in the cycling industry, in several different roles, for nearly 30 years, I have to say that this is an outstanding example of customer service! As my current role dictates, I have various bikes built up to showcase a range of products, but I try to use bikes that aren't from the "Big-3" or other high visibility brands. Thanks to my experience with Wing & Carbonda, I will definitely be using their frames for my future "showcase" builds!

SRAM Neutral Race Support Mechanic