Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Workswell WCB-R-306 Disc Brake - Who Sells It?

(1/7) > >>

Kirkspants:
Hi all, I'm new as a user but have been reading for a long time. I spent 13-odd years working for a Trek/SBI/Cdale dealer and dove into the china frame journey with both eyes open and a Dremel at the ready.

My first bike was a Workswell R-146 gravel bike (Open UP ish). I love it. I have ridden the crap out of it. I had to dremel in a fresh rear hose entry port as the Open UP style head tube entry ports would pinch the hose with a low stem (used a 2007 Madone brake housing entry port, even tapped the tiny screw in the frame). Also, had to dremel around the bb shell to get a power meter to fit. After sanding out and hammering in my lower headset bearing, it was ready to go with a Campy EPS drivetrain running a 52x36 and an 11-40 cassette. Can get up anything!

I'm now wanting to dabble in disc brake road bikes and found the Workswell WCB-R-306 Disc Brake. I am hunting for something tarmac/emonda/supersix-ish: light, FSA ACR compatible internal routing, and some aero.

My question is: does anyone know who is the retail seller of the 306 frame is? Workswell can't sell it in the USA due to exclusivity clause... I've seen some impressive framespotting here and was wondering if anyone could help me out... or! offer some good alternatives!

Thanks for reading this far; I'll gladly shut up now.

Kirkspants:
I think it is the Blue Chinook G2. Wow that's spendy.

Well, anyone have fun suggestions for alternatives? I have seen the hubbub about the VB-R-168, but am hoping to find a little lighter.

StiffWeenies:
Adapt AT-B01? I don’t think they do B2C but you could try asking

Kirkspants:
Oooh nice spot that looks pretty cool! I sent them an email, see what happens. Thanks!!

Diverse:
Any real world experience with this frame? Thinking about different options including this one

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version