Author Topic: Chinese Carbon Vendor List  (Read 122420 times)

Carbon_Dude

« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 04:43:21 AM by MTB2223 »

2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

Carbon_Dude

Re: Chinese Carbon Vendor List
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 12:57:14 PM »
Thanks, I added your to the top of the list.  As others add to this thread I will keep the list updated.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 06:54:36 PM »
Here's another: http://www.yoeleo.com/

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 06:39:54 AM »

Joelk

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 09:57:19 PM »
May I also suggest http://www.nextie-bike.com/

I have ordered a pair of their 90mm fat bike rims, and a pair of the ubiquitous 35mm hookless 29er rims from them and been very happy with each purchase.

I have dealt with Brian each time and found him easy to communicate with, and very responsive.

susan

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 04:18:20 AM »
may i suggest the china shop ,http://www.asiancyclexpress.com
the sell is helpful ,they can solve my problem quickly.
i have order the wheelset ,and do the special design for myself, it is wonderful.

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 10:39:08 AM »
may i suggest the china shop ,http://www.asiancyclexpress.com
the sell is helpful ,they can solve my problem quickly.
i have order the wheelset ,and do the special design for myself, it is wonderful.

Sure.. Thanks for adding to the list.

If you work for or are affiliated with asian cycle express, then I'd encourage you to make that known. No reason to be undercover.  If not, and you were simply adding to the list.. that's fine too.

rrrrxx

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 03:48:56 AM »
Thanks Good Job!

davidriddel

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 03:46:18 PM »
You have identified that many of the companies are traders, rather than the real OEMs.

Are we able to indicate which are the OEM?

Cheers
N+2 change my Al CX to C
Also - Yoeleo 650B Dually YCMSF10 and Cyclocross for daughter
Progressively changing all family bikes to carbon-my effort to sequester China's carbon for climate change

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 10:12:12 PM »
You have identified that many of the companies are traders, rather than the real OEMs.

Are we able to indicate which are the OEM?

Cheers

That's a very good idea, David. It's an important distinction to make imo, and we certainly need a way of identifying one from the other.

Perhaps we can simply put a star next to the OEMs, but first we'll obviously need to identify them. I'm fairly certain Iplay is OEM, but besides that I'm not all too certain. We'll see if we can get some info on who's who and just implement the star system as we go. I'll hold off on making any changes until we've confirmed from the manufacturers. Obviously, this doesn't help you all too much right now, and it'll probably take some time, but hopefully we can help to better make that distinction in the future..

Thanks for the idea!

davidriddel

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 10:53:41 PM »

Perhaps we can simply put a star next to the OEMs, but first we'll obviously need to identify them. I'm fairly certain Iplay is OEM, but besides that I'm not all too certain. We'll see if we can get some info on who's who and just implement the star system as we go. I'll hold off on making any changes until we've confirmed from the manufacturers. Obviously, this doesn't help you all too much right now, and it'll probably take some time, but hopefully we can help to better make that distinction in the future..

My N+1 is to be a 29er dually. I have the groupset, fork and rear shock now received from Chainreactioncycls.com

I was leaning towards Yoeleo as it'll be my third frame from them, and their prices seem to be quite good, and their website and YouTube are professional -- but before I press "BUY", I just want to see if there is a competitive option..
N+2 change my Al CX to C
Progressively changing all family bikes to carbon-my effort to sequester China's carbon for climate change

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2014, 08:06:21 AM »
So I emailed Peter of Iplay hoping to get some clarity on who manufacturers what, and this is the reply I received:

Actually, Iplay, Hongfu, Dengfu, Miracle sell almost same frames, but we have some private mould frames separately.

We all companies own the factory together. But some other factories copy our frames and sell at much cheaper price, some facttories make frames with glass fiber with carbon fiber together and they offer only 6 months warranty.

Best Regards,
Peter

davidriddel

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2014, 11:09:36 PM »
Actually, Iplay, Hongfu, Dengfu, Miracle sell almost same frames, but we have some private mould frames separately.

We all companies own the factory together. But some other factories copy our frames and sell at much cheaper price, some facttories make frames with glass fiber with carbon fiber together and they offer only 6 months warranty.

Glass fibre!!! What??  Anyone identify who is using glass, not carbon?
N+2 change my Al CX to C

ecaos

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 05:58:49 PM »
I bought my frame from www.x-goods.com (which seems to be the same as www.flyxii.com). Headset included. Chatting over skype I got a 15dlls discount and they sent me 3 spare derailleur hangers for free (plus the one that came attached to the frame). Also, as I didn't want to run the brake hose internally, I asked for the hose things that attach to the frame and they also sent those for free. The shipment arrived in two weeks to the US.