Author Topic: BXT-MTB-117 150mm AM bike  (Read 9600 times)

G161

BXT-MTB-117 150mm AM bike
« on: May 30, 2022, 03:22:50 AM »

Has anyone used this bike or has experience with BXT?

BXT-MTB-117 150mm AM bike.
https://www.bxtcycle.com/am-fullsuspension-carbon-frame-29er_p69.html

The geometry looks great!

sync1

Re: BXT-MTB-117 150mm AM bike
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 10:41:02 AM »

FullCarbonAlchemist

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2022, 08:43:52 PM »
I still have some concerns about tire clearance (2.4 feels like an ice skate to me after years on 2.6-2.8 and fat bikes) and the beefiness of the swing links/bearings, but this version seems much improved in the front triangle and more or less completely addresses the flex and play experienced with the V1 mold. I know a couple riders who own this version of the 831 and also own recent Santa Cruz models — they say the difference is negligible or even unnoticeable.

That said, nobody’s had any version of this bike long enough to explore all the issues that it can have — especially the V2 (revised rear triangle/links) and V3 (both ends revised with flat top tube, taller head tube). So be aware you’re still at least somewhat of a beta tester if you buy this frame. Expect at least some degree of fiddling, needing to replace the OEM bearings etc.

G161

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2022, 12:53:07 AM »
I still have some concerns about tire clearance (2.4 feels like an ice skate to me after years on 2.6-2.8 and fat bikes) and the beefiness of the swing links/bearings, but this version seems much improved in the front triangle and more or less completely addresses the flex and play experienced with the V1 mold. I know a couple riders who own this version of the 831 and also own recent Santa Cruz models — they say the difference is negligible or even unnoticeable.

That said, nobody’s had any version of this bike long enough to explore all the issues that it can have — especially the V2 (revised rear triangle/links) and V3 (both ends revised with flat top tube, taller head tube). So be aware you’re still at least somewhat of a beta tester if you buy this frame. Expect at least some degree of fiddling, needing to replace the OEM bearings etc.

Thanks for the detailed response. Makes sense why I couldn't find much information on this frame. I was under the impression that this was a completely different bike to the AM831 and made by BXT because of the different front triangle. The BXT frame looks identical to the Santa Cruz.

Do you have any idea of BXT as a brand?

Chortle

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2022, 01:26:34 PM »
Do you have any idea of BXT as a brand?

I have purchased several carbon hardtails and forks from BXT and I only have good things to say.  Quality was great, shipping times weren't immediate but were reasonable (to the US), and their communication was prompt and helpful.

QuentinLL

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2022, 03:23:03 AM »
Thats the "updated" AM831: http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3593.0.html
Original: http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3172.1245.html

Some are happy some are not.

The kinematic is similar but different bike.
Front and rear triagnle are different (straight top tube on BXT for instance)

Thediesel

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2022, 12:20:59 PM »
I ordered one on aliexpress about a month ago to build up for my girlfriend (in pink of course). I'm still waiting for it to ship. I've built up 2 BXT hardrail frames without much drama.

BrokenTibia

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2022, 01:44:52 AM »
I also ordered this Frame 10, May on Aliexpress. BXT did not ship out the frame yet.
I have asked about the status, their reply is always same. "This frame is currently missing some accessories. At present, the supplier of accessories has no inventory of accessories for the time being. The factory needs to wait for the frame parts from the supplier."

According to them they also don't know when they get parts to build the frame.

I am not sure how long I should wait further or better cancel this frame.

Is there anyone having same issue?

carbonazza

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2022, 08:18:00 AM »
I also ordered this Frame 10, May on Aliexpress. BXT did not ship out the frame yet.
I have asked about the status, their reply is always same. "This frame is currently missing some accessories. At present, the supplier of accessories has no inventory of accessories for the time being. The factory needs to wait for the frame parts from the supplier."

According to them they also don't know when they get parts to build the frame.

I am not sure how long I should wait further or better cancel this frame.

Is there anyone having same issue?

Some patience is required when you are your own importer.
Remember they were quite hit by harsh covid rules not so long ago.

BrokenTibia

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2022, 09:25:13 AM »
can anyone tell me what is nowadays's lead time of Chiner carbon MTB frame in general?

I am asking this because BXT told me before my order purchase, "Normally about 10 working days". I feel cheated and not comfortable with this situation.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 10:19:46 AM by BrokenTibia »

Jotegr

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2022, 11:10:54 AM »
can anyone tell me what is nowadays's lead time of Chiner carbon MTB frame in general?

I am asking this because BXT told me before my order purchase, "Normally about 10 working days". I feel cheated and not comfortable with this situation.

Uh..... How so? Many of us waited a few months lead time to get our bikes produced. 10 days production and then shipping sounds like a dream!

BrokenTibia

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2022, 12:30:34 PM »
great to hear waiting a few months is normal here. no need to check my order status every day from now on. thanks, guys!

BrokenTibia

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2022, 09:33:15 AM »
In 5 days it will become 120days since I ordered this frame. Shipment extension seems not anymore possible which means my order will be automatically canceled.
Honestly said I do not really understand why BXT keeps selling this frame while they even can not deliver...

BrokenTibia

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2022, 08:41:37 AM »
Just info for whom may be interested in.

BXT proposed me to change from BXT-117 to BXT-087. Reason is, some parts of 117 are missing to build while 087 is available and able to ship out within 2 working days.

087 has rather older geometry compared to 117. Thus, I decided to let my order canceled automatically in a few days.

They were not able to tell me why they still keep selling 117 even they can not build it though...

Lukesjr

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2022, 10:59:51 AM »
order any bxt product at your own risk.  I bought a frame from them and had issues.  They seemed eager to help until they realized it was a problem with the frame itself and not just hardware.  Then they ghosted me and wont' respond.

For me personally, BXT will never get a dollar from me again.