Author Topic: Winspace T1550 new frame?  (Read 13862 times)

patliean1

Re: Winspace T1550 new frame?
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2024, 01:57:45 PM »
Patrick,
Can you confirmt the tire clearance on the T1500 for me? Website says 28C, but I am wondering if anyone has tried a 32 c and got it to fit

32c tires technically do fit.

Wheels: 30mm external, 23 internal
Tires: 32c GP5000 S TR, actual measured width 32.5mm

Fork: 2mm clearance all sides.
Chainstays: about <2mm of clearance.
Seatstay: about 2mm.

On perfectly dry and debris-free roads it probably could work. However, I would add some frame protection to prevent tire scruffs. And I wouldn't run any wheel narrower than 23mm internal. The bulbous effect of 32c tires a 19-21mm internal wheel would for sure cause rubbing.

A great compromise is a 28c tires on 23mm internal wheels because it plumps the tire to 30mm. This is what I run on all my road bikes.

Macedingle

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2024, 05:26:04 PM »

On perfectly dry and debris-free roads it probably could work. However, I would add some frame protection to prevent tire scruffs. And I wouldn't run any wheel narrower than 23mm internal. The bulbous effect of 32c tires a 19-21mm internal wheel would for sure cause rubbing.

A great compromise is a 28c tires on 23mm internal wheels because it plumps the tire to 30mm. This is what I run on all my road bikes.

Thank you for the excellent answer.

I am about to build up my T1550 with 23 HYPERS. Which is 21 mil Internal, so I should probably stick with 28 or maybe if I want a little more comfort 30mm

SlowOne124

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2024, 09:04:21 AM »

Im curious if i could do the same on my 2022 Elves Falath PRO but with a 30mm tire... i live in a place where its kind of rough. i hope someone could confirm this.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 11:58:38 AM by SlowOne124 »

Serge_K

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2024, 10:30:29 AM »
At $1780 USD for the disc version, not sure if it represents good value.

I had a look at second hand bikes in France - by extension i assume it's just way better in the UK, where ebay UK is like the mothership when it comes to 2nd hand bikes -. You can now find a boat load of branded disc frames with di2 at really good prices. Supersix, Trek, Look, Scott being the most obvious.
I've become a snob because i'm like "oh, i wouldn't touch these 40cm bars", or "that's not an integrated cockpit" and other BS, but the reality is, about a year ago 2nd hand disc bikes were expensive AF, and now they're not. You can probably get a legit bike with meh wheels for 1500 eur, for sure for less than 2k, which you can then upgrade with deep, wide wheels.
Also, you can get a Look frame for that money, and, well, Look is Look. The screenshot is from their website which means you can knock off another several hundreds if you dig a bit. And then 2nd hand.
The bike industry is going down the toilet, there are deals to be had now.

My point: Winspace is horrendous value. Jacking up prices to pay kick backs to influencers doesn't make your bikes better than a Look, or a Scott, or a Trek, or a Supersix, or a TCR.

repoman

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2024, 06:23:50 PM »
I see a lot of complaints about the Winspace Agile geo, can someone explain why it's geo is 'weird?' 

It seems like the idea behind it was to make a hyper aggressive body position with a high BB, basically a purpose built crit bike.

toxin

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2024, 08:01:01 PM »
Because size M makes absolutely no sense in the rest of the range and leaves a gaping hole where an actual M frame should be

repoman

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2024, 08:39:26 PM »
Because size M makes absolutely no sense in the rest of the range and leaves a gaping hole where an actual M frame should be

How so?

oleg

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2024, 03:43:54 AM »
I see a lot of complaints about the Winspace Agile geo, can someone explain why it's geo is 'weird?' 

It seems like the idea behind it was to make a hyper aggressive body position with a high BB, basically a purpose built crit bike.

Most brands I have M frame, with 174 height I went with L and the frame (i do have T1500, all in all almost same) is perfect for me.
Very snappy feeling, responsive but still very confident on alpine descents.
Geometry is agressive and it is one of the most agressive on the market, but still manageable if you are racing.

cameltown

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2024, 05:54:40 AM »
I had a look at second hand bikes in France - by extension i assume it's just way better in the UK, where ebay UK is like the mothership when it comes to 2nd hand bikes -. You can now find a boat load of branded disc frames with di2 at really good prices. Supersix, Trek, Look, Scott being the most obvious.
I've become a snob because i'm like "oh, i wouldn't touch these 40cm bars", or "that's not an integrated cockpit" and other BS, but the reality is, about a year ago 2nd hand disc bikes were expensive AF, and now they're not. You can probably get a legit bike with meh wheels for 1500 eur, for sure for less than 2k, which you can then upgrade with deep, wide wheels.
Also, you can get a Look frame for that money, and, well, Look is Look. The screenshot is from their website which means you can knock off another several hundreds if you dig a bit. And then 2nd hand.
The bike industry is going down the toilet, there are deals to be had now.

My point: Winspace is horrendous value. Jacking up prices to pay kick backs to influencers doesn't make your bikes better than a Look, or a Scott, or a Trek, or a Supersix, or a TCR.

I'm in switzerland and the price of second hand bikes still sucks bad tbh..
Most people ask way too much and people are ready to pay too much.
The winspace isnt such a bad value tbh yeah the frame is expensive but it seems to be top notch quality

Serge_K

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2024, 07:36:59 AM »
I'm in switzerland and the price of second hand bikes still sucks bad tbh..
Most people ask way too much and people are ready to pay too much.
The winspace isnt such a bad value tbh yeah the frame is expensive but it seems to be top notch quality

i have a friend in paris trying to buy a really nice BMC for 1.1k right now. ad posted 0 day.
it seems that the good deals are gone very very fast. then you're left with a bunch of overpriced bikes that people dont really want to sell. a friend in germany is looking to buy a small bike, the stuff she's showing me is pretty atrocious.