Author Topic: rf22 or yfr066 frame  (Read 1558 times)

Zycomatique

rf22 or yfr066 frame
« on: August 13, 2022, 07:50:45 AM »
Hello,
Does somebody have this frame? Whath do you think about it?About the diagonal tube : Is it Aero shaped beneath? I don t want a flat shape wich Is nonsense for me. About the Seat post Is it a round one or a proprietary one? Thanks for help!

kbike

Re: rf22 or yfr066 frame
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 04:22:40 PM »
I just got this frame.  It's pretty good build. All bearing seats and brakes look and feel smooth.  I see some scappy carbon fiber and epoxy where tubes were layer at joints. I'd say it still looks tightly layered and nicely done.  Weights came close to advertised.

Handlebars are forward swept and drops sweep wider after the hood mount.   Frame does fit my 38mm tires.  Bottom bracket area is thicker on the non-drive size.  My forks thru axle has a screw locker for the bolt.  Top tube is longer than my 168 and head tube way lower than my cr060. Normally I slam the stem but will use spacers this time. I want to use this on mixed gravel.  I'll post pics after I get finished.

Frame-1056g matte black size xs
Fork -436g
Seatpost - 186g
Handlebars - 336g

kbike

Re: rf22 or yfr066 frame
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 10:48:18 AM »
So got some time riding this frame on both road and gravel. I don't feel slammed and not fully relaxed.  This could be because my shifters give a longer reach even though I added spacers. This frame has a longer top tube so might be great for some. I feel kinda in the middle of gravel and road bike. It's not bulky and far from an aero bike.

Chainring spacing is important.  Shimano chainrings fit with no spacers. Shimano crankarms with my 46x30 chainrings needs 1 spacer. Need 2 spacers with my goldix crankset. I shouldn't need spacers if I go 1x on Aliexpress gxp crankarms.

Didn't have huge issues during assembly. Running front derailleur cable through its ferrule was impossible with the ferrel screwed into the frame. Handlebars were pretty easy to run hoses. I didn't need to fish line to get 4 hoses through the openings. I used hydraulics instead of compressionless which was so much nicer to run cables but tons longer to get the feel I wanted from bleeding.

The frame does fit 38mm tires I'm sure 40mm is possible but would be extremely close to the chainstays. 

Not happy the frame only came with saddle clamps for 7x7 rails. I had to buy 7x9 clamps from another company.  I hope they fit because some 7x9 clamps for this seatpost are stupidly priced.

Paint- was going for blue purple black snakeskin. I tried to get a pealing look but it failed to look good in some spots.  I used plastidip as always.  The plastidip alway rolls back on me on the top tube because my knees rub the frame.  This isn't the pealing look I'm not happy about. I like how the gravel dust looks on the frame. :) 

Shifters - Shimano 685
Calipers - shimano 805
Front derailleur- sensah
Rear derailleur- ultergra rx
Crank - Shimano 105 5800
Chainrings- bikinggreen 46x30
Cassette- sram 11-26 and an aliexpress 11-34
Saddle - amazon
Wheels - Speedsafe 30mm 25mm inner hookless
Tires - panaracer slick 38mm

Weight 7.925kg

kbike