Author Topic: High end big brand OEM road rims 38/45/50mm on sale!!!  (Read 9276 times)

holmosapien

Re: High end big brand OEM road rims 38/45/50mm on sale!!!
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2023, 09:40:08 PM »
You're probably going to get spotty replies right now because of Lunar New Year.

Just to share my experience, I ordered a set of DC2844 wheels with the custom hubs and Pillar 1423 spokes on 12/7, they shipped 12/21, and I received them in Texas on 12/28. I've put a few hundred km on them so far, and I am very impressed with the quality. I'm especially surprised by the quality of the hub; it has better engagement than my Industry 9 101 hub on my other wheelset, but at a much better price point. All around, I'm very pleased with this purchase and Peter will be the first place I go for wheels in the future.

wwnero

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2023, 06:08:48 PM »
Peter, I've tried to email and message but no response, are you still around with any wheels available?

I had a similar issue. In my case I got an initial response with prices but after responding back with some follow up questions, he has not responded back to me. This was about 1.5 months ago. I sent some reminder emails but nothing. I’m assuming something I said in the email might have turned him off and he decided it’s not worth his time but I’m not really sure.

s3si1u

« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2023, 07:47:28 PM »
I had a similar issue. In my case I got an initial response with prices but after responding back with some follow up questions, he has not responded back to me. This was about 1.5 months ago. I sent some reminder emails but nothing. I’m assuming something I said in the email might have turned him off and he decided it’s not worth his time but I’m not really sure.

Same here. Seems I asked too many questions  ;D
I was genuinely interested, too. I got impatient and ended up going with Farsports.

Eboht

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2023, 10:19:58 AM »
I ordered a 2nd set of wheels through Peter for my neighbor. This time with a slightly more silent hub.

From confirmation of order to receiving the wheels was around a month. Consistent with the last time. Order was placed half Feb, received halfway March.

Again great quality for a budget wheel + having a good few hundred miles on my wheels, no issues, super happy.

PeterXu

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2023, 03:34:41 AM »
I ordered a 2nd set of wheels through Peter for my neighbor. This time with a slightly more silent hub.

From confirmation of order to receiving the wheels was around a month. Consistent with the last time. Order was placed half Feb, received halfway March.

Again great quality for a budget wheel + having a good few hundred miles on my wheels, no issues, super happy.

Thanks for your comment, bro.

Now we have the Custom high end 6 pawl 21/21H 2:1 center lock straight pull hubs carbon spokes option as well. Price range would be around 520 USD/pair - 560 USD/pair (2 options on hubs, 370g/pair and 330g/pair) on 33/38/44/45/50mm disc brake wheels, ceramic bearings cost extra 25 USD.

Toteki

« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2023, 04:57:35 AM »
Hello Peter, I’m looking for a set of wheels for size 32 tires. Can use some guidance before I put in an order. I have a set of Panaracer SS tires size 32 that I would like to use tubeless, bike has disk brakes. I like the looks of these six spoke wheels, if you don’t sell that then regular spokes are fine. What do you have that matches what I’m looking for?

Toteki

« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2023, 03:50:45 AM »
Hi Peter, emailed you on both your addresses and sent a message through your website. Haven’t heard back yet. What’s the best way to get in touch for some questions prior to ordering?

hahel

« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2023, 02:55:01 PM »
I put an order in for a wheel set from Peter, thought I write a few words about the process
I had quick mail conversation with Peter providing good advise on suitable rims for me

End up ordering:
DC2855 road disc rims 21/21H UD glossy
Custom high end 6 pawl 21/21H 2:1 center lock straight pull hubs for carbon spokes steel bearings 330g with Shimano driver
Carbon spokes with nipples
Weight including rimtape is 1400gr for the pair on my kitchen scales.

Paid 762. USD including shipping and taxes,
Ordered on may 8, received my wheels received them on jun-13,,
 not superfast but the norm for stuff from China to my location.

Doing miles on the wheels now, my initial impressions is that they are not a massive improvement on my old elite ENT wheelset.

Still pleased with my purchase thou.