Author Topic: Anyone with experience of the "WINOW" products?  (Read 1068 times)

RetroBob

Anyone with experience of the "WINOW" products?
« on: September 01, 2022, 03:10:40 PM »
I'm considering ordering a Winow FK-G30 gravel fork because it's the only one with a 55mm offset that I could find. I haven't seen any reviews of a Winow fork out there. Can anyone say anything (positive or negative) about Winow forks, their products in general or the company in general?
Where does Winow rank among Chinese Carbon manufacturers?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 03:20:59 PM by RetroBob »

cybrsrce

Re: Anyone with experience of the "WINOW" products?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2022, 07:25:48 AM »
Winow products have been pretty good but the FK-G30 seriously missed some QA testing.  I got it for the same reason you mentioned, my current fork is 50mm offset and I wanted a little bit more as it could solve toe overlap issues.  Problem is that they designed everything in the 50mm position, meaning when you flip the chip the rotor is now ~5mm off from the standard flat mount position.
Looking at the expensive forks (Columbus FutureCross, GT Grade Carbon Pro 55-70) they do the opposite, if you have the fork in the shorter offset position there are spacers for the flat mount calipers.
Looks like I have a few options - 1. Live with the pads making less contact with the rotor. 2. See if I can modify a standard flat mount bracket. 3. Buy a new fork.

Serge_K

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2023, 10:06:35 AM »
Anybody wants to chip in on their experience with Winow? I like their upcoming roadie that takes 32C.

erallen30

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2023, 06:10:15 PM »
The groupset is a complete bonk for now. $650 for just shifters, derailleurs, and calipers won't sway anyone away from main brands unless you just want to try it out of curiosity.

kbernstein

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2023, 01:38:50 AM »
The groupset is a complete bonk for now. $650 for just shifters, derailleurs, and calipers won't sway anyone away from main brands unless you just want to try it out of curiosity.

What groupset? Was this meant for the ERX thread?