Author Topic: Epic Evo Clone  (Read 35291 times)

darkening

Re: Epic Evo Clone
« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2023, 12:28:23 AM »
is yours from All Star Cycling?

Mine is from Airwolf.

any additional details you could share would be greatly appreciated.

I had 22mm bushings from Aliexpress. And trimmed them down to 19mm and 14mm using angle grinder)))

I will buy original rockshox bushings for these sizes later.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 12:31:42 AM by darkening »

Kactusdog

« Reply #166 on: July 28, 2023, 01:04:57 AM »
Mine is from Airwolf.

I had 22mm bushings from Aliexpress. And trimmed them down to 19mm and 14mm using angle grinder)))

I will buy original rockshox bushings for these sizes later.

I see. So the sizes to get are 19 and 14, what diameter? 8mm?

I will probably order these from Aliexpress while I wait for my frame to ship.

darkening

« Reply #167 on: July 31, 2023, 12:32:14 AM »

Kactusdog

« Reply #168 on: August 06, 2023, 05:46:15 PM »
My frame from All Star Cycling (AWST) has arrived!

I also had them send their 0 offset seatpost, i’m going to try that for some time.

Photos attached. Paint finish is pretty good! 2 knocks, first is that the paint is too high up for my seatpost clamp. I’ll have to sand/shave that down. Second downside I see is the rear rotor is SCARY close to my rear brake mount. Like, less than a mm. Frame weight with hardware attached is 1920 grams. For the color and finish, I can’t complain! unfortunately, shock hardware is pretty irrelevant to what I need. I’ll follow up with the correct size and where to procure.

I did also order an Epic Evo chainstay protector, headtube cable port rubber grommet, and the mylar tape for the down tube from my local Specialized dealer.

Larxxor

« Reply #169 on: August 08, 2023, 02:20:25 AM »

What size rotor is on there?

Kactusdog

« Reply #170 on: August 08, 2023, 06:54:33 AM »
What size rotor is on there?

180 SRAM centerline. 6 bolt.

johnnydamage

« Reply #171 on: August 08, 2023, 08:03:46 AM »
when did you order yours? I ordered mine july 9 and still no tracking number or anything. thanks!  im starting to get a little worried. website is unreachable now. www.allstarbicycle.com 

My frame from All Star Cycling (AWST) has arrived!

I also had them send their 0 offset seatpost, i’m going to try that for some time.

Photos attached. Paint finish is pretty good! 2 knocks, first is that the paint is too high up for my seatpost clamp. I’ll have to sand/shave that down. Second downside I see is the rear rotor is SCARY close to my rear brake mount. Like, less than a mm. Frame weight with hardware attached is 1920 grams. For the color and finish, I can’t complain! unfortunately, shock hardware is pretty irrelevant to what I need. I’ll follow up with the correct size and where to procure.

I did also order an Epic Evo chainstay protector, headtube cable port rubber grommet, and the mylar tape for the down tube from my local Specialized dealer.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 08:13:32 AM by johnnydamage »

johnnydamage

« Reply #172 on: August 08, 2023, 08:06:49 AM »
Well, shoot, he just shared photos of my frame with me… Could you share exactly what he said? Did he share this by whatsapp? I hope i’m not getting the last of a problematic batch. Here’s mine:

he wrote:

"Has been updated
Arranging production
Please be patient and wait
Thank you for understanding"

Andrey3336

« Reply #173 on: August 08, 2023, 12:47:13 PM »
Has anyone checked the geometry with the declared one?  My head tube and seat tube angles don't match up.  ETT 585mm in size M with the declared 602. Head tube angle 69° instead of 66.5.

Kactusdog

« Reply #174 on: August 08, 2023, 01:31:47 PM »
Has anyone checked the geometry with the declared one?  My head tube and seat tube angles don't match up.  ETT 585mm in size M with the declared 602. Head tube angle 69° instead of 66.5.

Hm. Have a photo? Sounds strange.

Andrey3336

« Reply #175 on: August 08, 2023, 02:23:16 PM »
I measured the angles, it seems, more or less correspond to the usual epic, apparently for the first time I somehow measured it wrong.  But ETT does not even reach 590.

Kactusdog

« Reply #176 on: August 08, 2023, 02:32:14 PM »
I measured the angles, it seems, more or less correspond to the usual epic, apparently for the first time I somehow measured it wrong.  But ETT does not even reach 590.

I keep in mind that the front triangle of the epic and epic Evo are the same. The molds they use our one to one, there’s virtually no reason for them to change it can you specify which seller you purchased from? When did you order and get it?

Kactusdog

« Reply #177 on: August 10, 2023, 12:27:45 AM »
This is how mine hand-mande adjusted bushings looks like. I have to buy\order precice machined...could not find correct sizes online yet. Linkage and frame do use 8mm bolt.

I am still struggling with this. I would love to get your help in putting together a clear set of dimensions for future buyers to learn from our toils!

My rear bushing space is 14mm, my front is 20mm. The bolts are a hair under 8mm. Now to sort out which dimension of bushing and black spacers to buy.

My Fox DPS has the following dimensions for both eyelets:

wfl3

« Reply #178 on: August 10, 2023, 07:20:39 AM »
I am still struggling with this. I would love to get your help in putting together a clear set of dimensions for future buyers to learn from our toils!

My rear bushing space is 14mm, my front is 20mm. The bolts are a hair under 8mm. Now to sort out which dimension of bushing and black spacers to buy.

My Fox DPS has the following dimensions for both eyelets:

The frame mfr can't give you the exact specs?  Kinda sounds like you need an 8mmx14mm Fox bushing kit and an 8mmx20mm kit.

johnnydamage

« Reply #179 on: August 10, 2023, 06:26:20 PM »
Frame finally showed up. Looks good to me!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 06:28:11 PM by johnnydamage »