Author Topic: Beer components EBB - calling for usage stories  (Read 2262 times)

stout_to_carbon

Beer components EBB - calling for usage stories
« on: November 21, 2014, 03:04:05 AM »
Sorry to be demanding.  I will pay for good advice!  (I'm in Sacramento, and will buy you a beer for good dirt).  Let's start a discussion here of using the Beer EBB.  If you've done it, please comment.  Would love to hear how it worked for you, or how it could have been better.

For starters, does the Beer components EBB work with the 057, 256, M-092 well?  Calling all users of this kit here in chinertown? 

I've heard that tightening up the Beer EBB can be rough on a carbon frame.  Is this for real?  Any real usage reports?

I've also heard that chainrings might hit the stays on some frames.  While this isn't a Beer EEB issue, it is a singlespeed issue probably running an EBB. 

If there are other issue, feel free to trumpet them up here.  Sweet as!!!

davidriddel

Re: Beer components EBB - calling for usage stories
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 05:10:34 AM »
G'day stout_to_carbon,

See my single speed write up at  http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,384.0.html

In short though - the EBB30 has been fine in the Yoeleo frame aluminum BB30 receiver, and yes, I've had dramas with the chainring clearance.
N+2 change my Al CX to C
Also - Yoeleo 650B Dually YCMSF10 and Cyclocross for daughter
Progressively changing all family bikes to carbon-my effort to sequester China's carbon for climate change

carbonazza

Re: Beer components EBB - calling for usage stories
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 08:10:27 AM »
The 057 and 256, and probably most frames, have as well an aluminium shell for the bottom bracket sealed in the carbon.