Author Topic: Re: And the winner is....  (Read 1301 times)

emu26

Re: And the winner is....
« on: September 21, 2022, 12:19:34 AM »
Hi Sitar_Ned, well done to you for organising this and being as transparent as you have been with the process. Obviously, given my vocal objection to the way the sponsor has treated people on this site re a certain frame, I didn't enter but I do have a question for you if I may.

What is to stop anyone that has seen this thread from email Eddy and saying they are mwh0169?  Would it not have been better that initial contact between the two was done through PM here?

Just a thought, and again, thanks and well done.

Sitar_Ned

Re: Re: And the winner is....
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 08:10:25 AM »
Hi Sitar_Ned, well done to you for organising this and being as transparent as you have been with the process. Obviously, given my vocal objection to the way the sponsor has treated people on this site re a certain frame, I didn't enter but I do have a question for you if I may.

What is to stop anyone that has seen this thread from email Eddy and saying they are mwh0169?  Would it not have been better that initial contact between the two was done through PM here?

Just a thought, and again, thanks and well done.

Well, you are correct, anyone could just email Eddy and pretend to be the winner. I didn't put all of the steps out there just for the sake of simplicity but there are steps going on in the background via PM where mwh0169's identity has been verified by me and given to Eddy.

As for your reasoning for not entering the contest, I can certainly respect that moral stance, sir. That said, this contest, or any going forward, should not be seen as a backing of the vendor by myself or the board.

Any vendor that sponsors a contest has a reputation that is entirely separate from the event and stands alone according to how they treat customers, imo. I see it more as paid advertising where the community is the beneficiary.

Also, I'm going to split this topic off into a separate thread. My logic for this is that the winner announcement thread is a paid-for promotional thread (I'm referring to the price of the frame for the giveaway). I didn't want you to feel censored so I didn't want to delete your post so I just split it off.

Hopefully, you can respect that. If you think this is faulty logic, please do voice your thoughts as I am still learning how to fairly moderate and manage a community such as this and am certainly open to input.

Thanks,
Sitar
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 08:41:15 AM by Sitar_Ned »

emu26

Re: And the winner is....
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 05:48:42 PM »
No problem at all mate.
I appreciate the explanation.