Author Topic: lexon frames  (Read 2922 times)

hamtaro145

lexon frames
« on: September 21, 2022, 12:09:27 PM »
Hi all,
Im looking at ordering a lexon reverse ht frame  and are wondering what your experiences with lexon frames are.
Good/bad/one of the better manufacturers of chinese frames out there?
Cheers

Serge_K

Re: lexon frames
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 04:45:38 PM »
I saw them on Aliexpress, they cost more than VB.
Given the risk, I'd go with VB myself: VB is all over this forum, Lexon not. And I've had problems with stuff sold on Aliexpress, i would like to avoid buying a frame on Ali because i dont think they will help you if you have a warranty claim after 1 year, for eg.

avocadobike

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 06:21:35 PM »
ive also been wondering this, after some research it seems their MTB frames are popular in south america. i might order one a report back.

mirphak

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 04:25:40 PM »
I have the lexon reverse. Have been used it for a year and a half or so. So far so good. There are some minor details I don't like, like how easy is for dirt to make into the bottom bracket area, and yhat the piece that sits in the frame to make the cables enter and exit the frame could have been made better. Also the frame could have better liners so that you don't have to put foamy tubes for the cables not to rattle and be noisy in the frame

But they are all in reality minor issues, non showstoppers. I really like the relaxes upright geometry of the bike (I hate the mew trends of super long reach, short stack and super aggresive head tube angles...). I am overall very happy with it and if it breaks for whatever reason I will most likely buy myself the same one again.

hamtaro145

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 01:24:20 AM »
I saw them on Aliexpress, they cost more than VB.
Given the risk, I'd go with VB myself: VB is all over this forum, Lexon not. And I've had problems with stuff sold on Aliexpress, i would like to avoid buying a frame on Ali because i dont think they will help you if you have a warranty claim after 1 year, for eg.

I might be being totally blind/dumb but Who or what are VB? 

s3si1u

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 01:33:16 AM »
I might be being totally blind/dumb but Who or what are VB?
Velobuild
Instagram: @aerosloth

dabliuagaeme

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2023, 11:58:21 AM »
ive also been wondering this, after some research it seems their MTB frames are popular in south america. i might order one a report back.

I am Brazilian and I can say that part of the sales success of Lexon frames here is due to the ease of purchase through Aliexpress and due to the cost/benefit ratio.

I ended up finding this forum as I was looking for more information about the Lexon brand. Little such information and reviews are available.

I'm sorry for the poor quality of English, I'm using an online translator

avocadobike

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2023, 09:58:34 PM »
i purchased a gravel frame, havent built it up yet. paint finish is better than some big name brands. not sure on the build yet, the carbon inside seems a bit rough, i even put my fingel to feel the inside of the frame and got a splinter.