Author Topic: Are Dengfu R06/Elves Falath the same frame?  (Read 1435 times)

Takiyaki

Are Dengfu R06/Elves Falath the same frame?
« on: October 10, 2022, 03:34:37 PM »
Looking for an "aero" rim brake frame and I like these two options. Looking more at them they seem to be the same frame. I've had a great experience with my Dengfu FM208 so I have no qualms getting another Dengfu, hopefully with a cool paint job this time.

s3si1u

Re: Are Dengfu R06/Elves Falath the same frame?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 03:44:22 PM »
If you consult the geometry charts there's some notable differences, that will tell you these are not the same. Also just eyeing the photos they have a similar design aesthetic but there's also subtle differences (seatpost position, headtube, cable entry ports, fork/headtube junction) that give it away.
That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if we're able to find the Elves frames being sold elsewhere or by the OEM for less, Winspace/Speeder and Yoeleo/Miracle style with a bit more research.  ;D perhaps someone already knows the answer to this?
Instagram: @aerosloth

Queen of Skulls

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2022, 06:14:57 PM »
If you are asking if they are from the same mold. Nope. They are simular but not the same. You can play spot the the difference, you can see details are different. also if they were from the same mold, the fiber lay up can be different. which will affect the frame, like stiffness and weight.
Off with your Head tubes...

If the girls dont find you pretty they should at least find you handy...

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]

svanimpe

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 05:16:22 AM »
It's a Miracle CR06-D:
https://www.miraclecycling.com/road-bike-frame/super-light-toray-carbon-frame-road-bike-cr06.html

It's one I'm interested in myself, but unfortunately, my body doesn't fit aero bikes.

Queen of Skulls

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2022, 10:24:54 PM »
It's a Miracle CR06-D:
https://www.miraclecycling.com/road-bike-frame/super-light-toray-carbon-frame-road-bike-cr06.html

It's one I'm interested in myself, but unfortunately, my body doesn't fit aero bikes.

why doesnt it? I am all torso. I am still considering a 218

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]

svanimpe

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2022, 01:45:31 AM »
I'm all legs, short upper body, narrow shoulders, and low flexibility. I need a lot of stack, and very little reach. Pretty much my only option is a gravel frame, with a short stem (90mm max) flipped up.

Aero bikes don't work for me, as I'd need a huge amount of spacers, and a really short stem, which would make the bike unstable. I really need the long wheelbase and slacker angles of a gravel bike to offset my short stem/narrow handlebar combination. Then again, I live in Flanders, so I want bigger tyres anyway to cushion all the bad roads.

Queen of Skulls

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2022, 02:23:04 AM »
So the opposite of me.  Where the shortest seat post and longest Top post. and even then I will need a 150mm stem with my saddle pushed to back. I am also looking at 160mm cranks. And I am not super flexible yet. But I am working on it. SO it will be a while before I can slam that stem. End still I am looking at the 218.  I will need to slam that seat post. to the ground. lol

svanimpe

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2022, 12:16:49 PM »
Yeah, bike brands don't care about people like us, it's always "one size fits all" (or in this case, 4-6 moulds fit all) :( Famous ex-pro cyclist Tom Boonen had the same problem as you, and went on record saying that his bike sponsor had to make a custom bike for him, with an extended top tube. That's also what caused his typical "cat like" position on the bike.

Simply reducing or extending the stem is not a good solution, as it affects the handling of the bike. Same with slamming the seat post all the way down. Most of the comfort in the rear comes from seatpost flex, which you won't have with a slammed seat post. Conversely, mine is pretty much all the way up, so I get a lot of flex from it. So much so that I had to remove my Specialized CG-R seatpost in favor of a fixed one, because the suspension was a bit too much.

Queen of Skulls

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2022, 11:58:25 PM »
Yeah, bike brands don't care about people like us, it's always "one size fits all" (or in this case, 4-6 moulds fit all) :( Famous ex-pro cyclist Tom Boonen had the same problem as you, and went on record saying that his bike sponsor had to make a custom bike for him, with an extended top tube. That's also what caused his typical "cat like" position on the bike.

Simply reducing or extending the stem is not a good solution, as it affects the handling of the bike. Same with slamming the seat post all the way down. Most of the comfort in the rear comes from seatpost flex, which you won't have with a slammed seat post. Conversely, mine is pretty much all the way up, so I get a lot of flex from it. So much so that I had to remove my Specialized CG-R seatpost in favor of a fixed one, because the suspension was a bit too much.

LOL, thats me. I am build for swimming. I love swimming. but I like mixing it up.   That man has an reach like mine. I am 6ft tall but my fin span is 6'4". then again I got big hands. Like mine are almost double the size of my little sister. Who also rides. I am the super sized version of her. both my sisters are 5'3. I got all the height, I am even taller than my dad.

the only way to have a longer seat post is to get a bike like this. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804478469196.html its a super light hill climber with super short seat tube. Which I could get the largest size. but I am worried about my weight on that thing. thats why I kinda like the 218. as its more stout.  And I can have a skull-ma T12. Or maybe a 168 and have a S-kulls L5-S1. those are radiology puns.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 12:05:12 AM by Queen of Skulls »

Takiyaki

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2022, 08:11:00 PM »
Thanks! Looks like the Miracle is no cheaper than the Elves. Good info.

Queen of Skulls

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2022, 01:41:21 AM »
Well with inflation we should see the cost of these frames go up. Its not surprising. I am still happy for cheaper frame dealers. Unless carbon fiber gets cheaper. or loss of interest Ie demand goes down because recession. sub 500 buck frames will be 5 years old designs.  Velobuild I hope you keep your prices steady.

Takiyaki

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2022, 07:25:43 AM »
Just bookmarking this frame for later... love this design:

http://miraclebikes.com/Product/detail/id/23.html