Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 133998 times)

Serge_K

Maybe I’m blind, but I couldn’t find anything on the Ingrid website or socials that indicate where they are made.

I did find this one 30mm spindle version, but only one chainring size.  :-\
US $108.70  39% Off | INGRID ROAD CRANKSET CRS-R2 Bicycle Hollow Bike Crank Chainring 110BCD
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLoaBiM

Looks super nice. Cycling has become a dentist sport, the margins on many of the components are insane. The pictures on your link look like very well machined aluminium. Most likely, the real ones are made in china. You take a block of metal, launch a well calibrated CNC machine with the right drill bit and voila. It's not rocket science. The question is more whether what you receive looks like the pictures, i'd say. If i were in the market for such a crank, i'd get it, looks awesome.

Crash217

Looks super nice. Cycling has become a dentist sport, the margins on many of the components are insane. The pictures on your link look like very well machined aluminium. Most likely, the real ones are made in china. You take a block of metal, launch a well calibrated CNC machine with the right drill bit and voila. It's not rocket science. The question is more whether what you receive looks like the pictures, i'd say. If i were in the market for such a crank, i'd get it, looks awesome.

I concur on most parts probably being made in china anyways.  Take this interview with one of the guys at Ritchey (minute 7ish) 20-30 people in the company are located in china for manufacturing and there are less than a dozen people in north america and europe.   The trick (at least as I found to be the case working in several businesses that dealt with creating chinese components and end products for sale) to getting quality out of China is being there and being strict with QA.   Its a whole truck load of worms to unwrap in overseas manufacturing and this isn't really the place for that discussion.

edit,  link doesn't show up for me, go here; Youtube Channel "The Bike Sauce", Video title; Why Ritchey Steel Frames Ride So SMOOTH!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 12:18:54 PM by Crash217 »

coffeebreak

There seem to be electronic groupsets coming out of China now. Spotted this today. For MTB only (I wasn't able to find road group) but it won't be too long before Sensah drops their Empire electronic set. Or is it already out?
Anyway, I see two batteries, chargerm USB? cable, an interestingly shaped RD. Hope someone writes a review on one soon!

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804672409709.html

Rconroy

There seem to be electronic groupsets coming out of China now. Spotted this today. For MTB only (I wasn't able to find road group) but it won't be too long before Sensah drops their Empire electronic set. Or is it already out?
Anyway, I see two batteries, chargerm USB? cable, an interestingly shaped RD. Hope someone writes a review on one soon!

This pic looks awesome, did you take it?

Also looks like Seth over at Berm Peak did a short review on that electronic drivetrain two-or-so weeks back:

coffeebreak

This pic looks awesome, did you take it?

Also looks like Seth over at Berm Peak did a short review on that electronic drivetrain two-or-so weeks back:

Ahh thanks for the link. No, the picture is from the listing! Thought I will put it here in case link doesn't open.

cst_jpr

ingrid components claim to be 100% made in italy. i have a feeling that theyre 'made from scratch' fakes. the design has been copied then the copied and sold and also they have then been altered for brands like racework to make their own 'design' crankset (the one with the 24mm spindle)

seems like a lot of copied cnc parts are popping up on aliexpress recently like the fake ee brakes. i have also seen some rebranded and altered version ee brakes on taobao. so i doubt theyre coming from the original factories. im guessing they are coming from cnc factories that are able to copy existing products

IMO quality and details are far too good to be from scratch, think of the effort from such a niche product (54pc sold). The box, stickers, way too much.
Would it be worth it when you could fake a more popular brand that well?

With the eebrakes they mention some small differences here: https://canecreek.com/counterfeit-identification-guide/
But they also indirectly admit the parts are made in China and assembled in USA.

Maybe I’m blind, but I couldn’t find anything on the Ingrid website or socials that indicate where they are made.

They say on facebook "Designed and made in Italy" and here:
"The team of experienced engineers at Ingrid accept no compromise in the pursue of quality and every part is produce in the factory in Italy."

edit: INGRID verified their parts are machined in Italy. So there is some stolen IP out there. Won't be purchasing those.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 03:49:59 PM by cst_jpr »

Icyseanfitz

If they would just release a wireless mtb shifter/derailleur for 100-200 they would make a killing, as it is that Chinese shifter/derailleur is actually more expensive to buy gx axs so makes no sense to buy at all.

Queen of Skulls

If they would just release a wireless mtb shifter/derailleur for 100-200 they would make a killing, as it is that Chinese shifter/derailleur is actually more expensive to buy gx axs so makes no sense to buy at all.

a wired one would be fine with me too... I just want affordable electronic shifting.
Off with your Head tubes...

If the girls dont find you pretty they should at least find you handy...

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]

coffeebreak

Any thoughts on Shimano derailleurs being sold on Aliexpress? Are they genuine or I am better off finding something locally on CL or OfferUp? Looking to repurpose my donor bike into flatbar hybrid/gravel bike and about to pull trigger on this:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804342561266.html

On similar note, Tektro brake pads. Saw in comments that people were wondering if they are genuine or good fakes - it was hard to guess.

kbike

I've bought ulterga direct mount 8010 rim brakes from aliexpress when covid made it way to expensive locally.

jonathanf2

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803308490756.html

I caved in and bought this GR9 gravel groupset for a gravel bike I'm currently building. I was debating between this and the Sensah SRX, but the LTwoo Shimano compatibility and cheaper price won me over. I can mix-n-match the LTwoo RD and shifters with my Shimano components. Since I don't have any SRAM gear, the Sensah SRX wouldn't be compatible with the rest of my gear. With the current sale, I was able to apply a promo code to reduce the price. I also purchased a lightweight 11-50t cassette to go with the GR9 groupset.

coffeebreak

I like that the shifter is Shimano style (two levers for shifts) the Sensah shifters are single type if I'm not wrong.

jonathanf2

I like that the shifter is Shimano style (two levers for shifts) the Sensah shifters are single type if I'm not wrong.

I currently have the Sensah Team Pro shifters which are Shimano compatible, but I'm not entirely happy with the shifting. Even though it's supposedly index, it still relies on a certain amount of friction/force to get into gear. My Shimano shifters shift perfectly on every click.  I want to see how the LTwoo shifters handle. Only downside is that reviews mention high gear shifting needs to be done in the hoods. I was originally planning to order some 105 shifters for my gravel build, but I was able to get a cassette, chain and LTwoo shifters/Rd for a really good price.

Plus the GR9 shifters are 1x only and come in at 400g with alloy levers. 105 R7000 shifters are 500g and the left FD shifting would just go to waste on my 1x build.

Tijoe

Here is a link to only the EDS der. and shifter, (I have been receiving emails for months advertising EDS.)

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804513546410.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.1ec831e7TKJUlt&algo_pvid=57e00524-81bd-4aa8-a44a-748a842b839f&algo_exp_id=57e00524-81bd-4aa8-a44a-748a842b839f-2&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2212000030148261601%22%7D&pdp_npi=2%40dis%21USD%21527.65%21422.12%21%21%21%21%21%40210318b916682285424388064e47f5%2112000030148261601%21sea&curPageLogUid=lnFpflrebd0v

TidyDinosaur

That's expensive... Why would you pay that much for China stuff when you can get Sram for the same price?